Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TCU issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU issues

My wife has a 90 Accord EX, the sport light has been on, has the typical symptoms. Well, I pulled the back up fuse, did what it said to do on here, took the car for a spin, it shifted way smoother than normal. My question is this. Can I use the tcu out of a 9293 Accord, I'd like to bypass the sport shift stuff all together.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      Anyone?
      had the same problem what i did was took out the negative on the battery for a hole 24 hours so the power will be cut on the tcu ecu and all the electric wiring so when i started it the sports light was off make sure you turn it off on the switch before removing the negative.

Comment

Yes you can use the 92/93 tcu, i'm using one with my cb7 right now. Its also possible for you to tear apart your old tcu, and fix it. There is a resistor that burned out, desolder it, take it to radio shack, get the replacement, and resolder it back in. It should be obvious which component burned out when you open up the tcu.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Thanks for the replies. She doesn't use the sport shift, so I'd just like to bypass it.

Comment

All the sport mode does, is raise the shift point by a few hundred rpms at partial throttle, which in my experience is useful for around town, hilly areas and when its raining outside (engine braking). With the 92/93 tcu, the sport light will always be on when in D4,(P, R, D3, 2,1) it will be off. From my understanding/observations the 92/93 tcu is a comprimise between the 90/91 regular and sport mode partial throttle shift points.
            Last edited by cloudasc; 09-27-2009, 02:40 AM.

Comment

is she throwing any tcu codes or is the switch itself shorted?

i have a 91 accord tcu if you want it.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Her sport light is staying on. When it's on, if she takes off from any gear other than d1 or d2 it's a turd, takes forever to get up to speed, and it kills her gas mileage.

I was going to check the code, but, I can't find the blue service plug anywhere, aside from climbing up under the dash, I've looked everywhere, it's not there.

Comment

Its the tcu for sure man, you only have 2 gears, 2nd and 4th, thats why it takes forever to get up to speed, and manually shifting through the gears doesn't do squat. its called limp mode. Replace the tcu, and you'll be golden, it only takes about 10-15 minutes to do, rip up the carpet, unbolt the ecu/tcu from the chassis, remove the bolts/screws holding down the tcu, and swap in the new one, and reverse the procedure. Its also a good idea to plug in new the tcu without bolting everything down just to make sure its the problem, and that the replacement tcu isn't burned out either.

Comment

Yeah, I figured out it was the tcu, I pulled the backup fuse, started the car, the sport light wasn't on, took it for a spin, it shifted smoother than it'd ever shifted, accelerated great. I was just wondering if I could use a tcu from a 9293 Accord

Comment

Working...
                    X