Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Just joined... cool forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined... cool forums

hey everybody.
    got a 91 EX sedan 5 and i'm workin my way up the mods list since its a daily driver. liked the image galleries. nice work and good ideas. big thing for me is not being able to find (for the last 3 years on & off) fog lights, and figurin out the h22 (or h23?) head swap. I know you don't want any "where do I find?" posts, so I won't waste your time. but some help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined (all engine, trans, suspension, interior, electrical work done w/o payin somebody for labor), so i'm lookin for pro advice.

I'll keep the posts comin.

One BIG question i've got if anybody wants to throw me line... all the looking i've done for short-throw shifters has come up: Neuspeed. Anybody familiar with the 66.20.34? How's it workin out? I know the cable setup makes it a tougher swap than civics. just wondering. Any reviews'd be helpful before i get one and find out its just ok instead of great.

thanks
    dave

Originally posted by iamcoons View Post
    hey everybody.
    got a 91 EX sedan 5 and i'm workin my way up the mods list since its a daily driver. liked the image galleries. nice work and good ideas. big thing for me is not being able to find (for the last 3 years on & off) fog lights, and figurin out the h22 (or h23?) head swap. I know you don't want any "where do I find?" posts, so I won't waste your time. but some help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined (all engine, trans, suspension, interior, electrical work done w/o payin somebody for labor), so i'm lookin for pro advice.

One BIG question i've got if anybody wants to throw me line... all the looking i've done for short-throw shifters has come up: Neuspeed. Anybody familiar with the 66.20.34? How's it workin out? I know the cable setup makes it a tougher swap than civics. just wondering. Any reviews'd be helpful before i get one and find out its just ok instead of great.

thanks
    dave
    Welcome. You'll have to wait until you have 30 posts to get into the classifieds. Until then you could look on ebay for the fogs. They have them off and on. I wouldn't bother with swapping the H head. Stick with teh F or just swap the whole engine out for an H. The short shifter can be accomplished with a couple of items from Lowes for like 7 bucks give or take. But yeah just read the stickies and use the search button lol. Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcoons View Post
      hey everybody.

thanks
      dave
      We the mods & admin are very pleased that you are aware about the rules at this forum. You just made our lives easier.

Welcom aboard.

If you want a simple straight swap , get an H22A.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

welcome to the forums, and for get h22's there out dated, lolz-jk. where you from?
        MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

The H22 head on the F22A block would be a hassle, and the gains would not be worth it.

The F22A head flows very well, and responds VERY well to a good port and polish. Other than that, a full H22 swap makes for a very fun and reliable car (assuming the engine is in good shape)

Short shifters generally make shifting very notchy, and can eventually cause damage to the transmission. I had a modified stock shifter (the cable mounting point was moved, which is all any short shifter does), and I put it back to stock... I'm MUCH happier with the smooth shifts, even if the throw is longer.

Comment

or just use a 92-96 lude shifter, they will reduce shifts and still retain smooth shifts

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
              or just use a 92-96 lude shifter, they will reduce shifts and still retain smooth shifts
              Very true. That's probably the best way to do it. It's a fairly minor change, so the negative effects are lessened.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Very true. That's probably the best way to do it. It's a fairly minor change, so the negative effects are lessened.
                yeah i had two short shifters previously and they both sucked...it isnt the same when linkage cables are involved.

now i roll with the 92 96 shifter and its perfect

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed4thgen View Post
                  yeah i had two short shifters previously and they both sucked...it isnt the same when linkage cables are involved.

now i roll with the 92 96 shifter and its perfect
                  does it fit ok with the center console

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                  91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                  funds for swap:$000.00
                  Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                  Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Wow

Thanks for the quick replies. That's a lot of great info. i'll follow the protocol for the forum, and i'm lookin forward to gettin some more of the technical under my belt.

Hints about the shifter & the head much appreciated.

Here's to doin business with fellow CB7 fans.

dave

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                      does it fit ok with the center console
                      I've known people to swap in the Prelude shifter bucket, or flip the CB7 bucket over so it fits perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I've known people to swap in the Prelude shifter bucket, or flip the CB7 bucket over so it fits perfectly.
                        I have searched for this and never found pics or anything about it. I still don't know what the "bucket" is and feel like an idiot lol. I think I know what it is but i'm not 100%. What about an aftermarket shifter for a prelude???

Comment

the shifter is bolted in by two bolts...it doesnt move because they are nice and tight but i guess you could swap the bottoms out for it to bolt in by all 4.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Welcome to the site, if you follow the rules you will learned a lot ,do some research and check the DIY section. I dont have many post because most of my ? are already here al i do is search.I love this site,there is a lot of good people here willing to help PD: sometimes is how you drive what make the diference. GOOD LOCK ON ALL YOURE UPGRADES
                            Last edited by sugar; 09-26-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                              I have searched for this and never found pics or anything about it. I still don't know what the "bucket" is and feel like an idiot lol. I think I know what it is but i'm not 100%. What about an aftermarket shifter for a prelude???
                              Take your console apart and you'll know what I'm talking about.

The 4bidden shifter that many people use is for a Prelude. PSPEC is the only company that ever made a CB specific shifter.

Comment

Working...
                              X