Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is this possible???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible???

OK so my patna just picked up a 91lx. Of course he wants "MORE POWER" so we wonder is it possible to take a stock f22 block and put an f23 sohc Vtec head on it and if so what else would we need cam ecu......??

I myself wonder if it would work to just get the motor, does the f22 trans bolt up to the F23 or would we have to get Motor and Trans... Btw think 5spd.

you'd definately need an ecu that can do vtec.
    96 mx-6, needs work...
    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

read the sticky bro, dont get sucked into the vtec gimmick, sohc vtec not worth it
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=89764
      Last edited by sleepygreen; 09-25-2009, 08:23 AM. Reason: added link
      clicky the siggy!!!

ARCADIA GREEN MEMBER #20

AIM=SleepygreenCB7
      Yahoo=annamaineeak@yahoo.com

Comment

The F22A head you have now flows better than the F23 head. Spend your money on getting your f22a head ported and polished.

Comment

dude is cheaper if u do the full f23 swap and alot less work.but if u look o ebay u cna get a f22b dohc fora bout 500 it is the same as h23 good luck

Comment

Take the money that you would waste on doing the vtec head swap and invest it in the F22, these motors are surprisingly strong and powerful. vtec isn't all that special.
            Originally posted by carpet47 View Post
            OK so my patna just picked up a 91lx. Of course he wants "MORE POWER" so we wonder is it possible to take a stock f22 block and put an f23 sohc Vtec head on it and if so what else would we need cam ecu......??

I myself wonder if it would work to just get the motor, does the f22 trans bolt up to the F23 or would we have to get Motor and Trans... Btw think 5spd.

Comment

single overhead cam Vtec is motivated more by emissions efficiency than by raw power is my understanding.

If you want power and have the scratch then I would think about joining the Bisimoto header group purchase deal that's going on at the forum.
              Last edited by batever; 09-25-2009, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sweet91accord View Post
                dude is cheaper if u do the full f23 swap and alot less work.but if u look o ebay u cna get a f22b dohc fora bout 500 it is the same as h23 good luck
                dont give bad advice. yes it may be cheaper to do an f23 swap, but it is not worth it. the f22a is the best-performing f-series motor until the s2k.

to the OP, get an h23 intake manifold, a good intake and exhaust, and join in the bisimoto group buy, and after a tune you will have at least 30, possibly 35 more horsepower than stock. if you put a cam in it, and do just a little bit of head work on the intake side, your numbers will be even better.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                  dont give bad advice. yes it may be cheaper to do an f23 swap, but it is not worth it. the f22a is the best-performing f-series motor until the s2k.

to the OP, get an h23 intake manifold, a good intake and exhaust, and join in the bisimoto group buy, and after a tune you will have at least 30, possibly 35 more horsepower than stock. if you put a cam in it, and do just a little bit of head work on the intake side, your numbers will be even better.
                  The S2k F20/F22 really isn't even related to the Accord's F series anyway... It's more like a K series.

With the H23 intake manifold, Bisimoto header, intake, and 2.5" exhaust... I'd expect way more than 30hp. The header alone made nearly that, with restrictive intake and exhaust. 50hp to the wheels wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation. A cam and an ECU tune, and you're possibly looking at 75+whp. Add in headwork and high-compression internals, and 250 streetable wheel horsepower is definitely possible with the F22A. In race trim, Bisi's F22A is making over 400hp.

And yes, the SOHC VTEC system is designed for emissions, fuel economy, and probably more than anything else... marketing. People want "that vtech thing" even when they don't know what it is or what it does. I'm sure a lot of 94-97 EX models were sold over the LX/DX models on VTEC alone.

Comment

Then so does anybody know if a prelude trans will go and if so what year. I wanna cam it and get gst manny and turbo and bolt and go. What is the best cheap<as if theres such a thing. And how much boost will a stock f22a4 handle w/o havin to change the innards.

Comment

You REALLY need to do some reading. You're basically just asking us how to build your car.

Normally, I'd answer these questions, and yell at anyone that just tells you to search... but my friend, you strike me as being VERY lazy, and it would be a waste of my time to type out all the answers you're asking for. Read. Hell, search MY posts alone. I've answered all these things myself... and more knowledgeable people have answered them in even greater detail.

And what's a patna?

Comment

Ok im not lazy at all but what I AM is a single father
                        (of 3 Btw) who has no backing, and no help or family to ask so I turn to you guys cuz yall are the OGs of this. Feedin 3 kids (NO WELL FARE or FOODSTAMPS) by yourself puts a GOOD SIZE dent in my pocket but I stay on my B.I. I just a builder on a budget A small one but a budget none the less.

Btw a PATNA is the same thing as a PARTNER, im from the hood PATNA and di' hea' r' talk. Which is in no way a reflection on whom I am. But i digress I just wanted to ask questions I will read on and see what I can find as to not ask anything thats been covered.....THX

Comment

Generally, speaking as if you're from the hood on here isn't the best way to get people to help you. It comes off as lazy and ignorant, and people make assumptions. Just by reading that last post of yours, not even what you said, but how you said it, my opinion of you has improved.

Feel free to ask questions... but you'll get the best answers when you show that you've made an effort to learn. The people that know their stuff on here have taken a lot of time and effort to get to that level. They're more than happy to share that knowledge, but most of them have already gotten completely frustrated with people that ask a million questions, and then ignore the answers. It happens all too often.

To answer your questions... any Prelude transmission from 1992 and up (the 4th and 5th generations) will fit. The ATTS transmissions from the 5th generation are the only ones that won't fit (they'll bolt on, but they don't fit into the Accord without some serious modification). The H22 has the shortest gearing, and the H23 is in the middle. I'm not sure what the gearing on the F22 equipped Prelude is, but probably similar to the Accord. Transmissions from the 5th and 6th generation Accords will fit as well. Any FWD transmission bolted to an F or H series will bolt on.

Do a search for the DSM turbo setup. Posts by Accord R33 are very helpful, as he was the one to popularize that method. You can go cheap, but that usually means getting a small turbo... which will decrease the life of your engine considerably. Get a properly sized turbo, a good intercooler, name-brand wastegate and blow off valve, and a GOOD ECU tune. With those things, a healthy, well maintained F22A4 should be able to hold 8-10psi for a while, as long as it's not beaten on.

Comment

Thanks man im on a mission and that last post was very helpful dont wanna come off as a d/a but kinda new to this. This site is the shit and im learnin more and more from it thanks.....btw love the ride.

Comment

Working...
                            X