Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22A6 intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22A6 intake manifold

I have F22A1 motor in my car. I was wondering if I put the A6 intake manifold do I need the A6 ECU? tnkx 4ur time

yes. the pt3 (a1 ecu) cannot compensate for the extra air flow. the pt6 (a6 ecu) can.
    90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
    91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Originally posted by frohawker View Post
      yes. the pt3 (a1 ecu) cannot compensate for the extra air flow. the pt6 (a6 ecu) can.
      That is not the reason you would want a PT6. The main reason you would want a PT6 over a PT3 with a F22A6 intake manifold is for the IAB's. The PT6 activates the secondary runners. It really has nothing to do with compensating for the extra air flow because I'm pretty sure the ECU would do this automatically based on the O2 sensor reading.
      Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-23-2009, 06:32 PM.

PARTING OUT MY 1990 EX COUPE!! EVERYTHING FOR SALE! CLICK HERE
      Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
      My member's ride

Comment

Originally posted by AbsurdNY View Post
        That is not the reason you would want a PT6. The main reason you would want a PT6 over a PT3 with a F22A6 intake manifold is for the IAB's. The PT6 activates the secondary runners. It really has nothing to do with compensating for the extra air flow because I'm pretty sure the ECU would do this automatically based on the O2 sensor reading.
        it does. BUT the pt3 isn't tuned for the more fuel needed on the top end. yes the o2 does compensate but it can only do so much. I was just running the pt3 with the a6 manifold and it lagged on the top end. i switched to the pt6 and it was a noticeable difference.

Comment

The reason it lagged on the top end was because the secondary runners were not activating with the PT3. When you installed the PT6, the secondaries activated.

Listen or download the first 4 songs I completed for my new upcoming album here!!
          My member's ride

Comment

The reason it lagged on the top end was because the secondary runners were not activating with the PT3. When you installed the PT6, the secondaries activated.
            If they are unhook then they are open all the time, if they are hook with straight vac. from the mani they will be fully open a WOT. You can get a P12 and really wake your car up.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
            "The Turtle"
            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

it does. BUT the pt3 isn't tuned for the more fuel needed on the top end. yes the o2 does compensate but it can only do so much. I was just running the pt3 with the a6 manifold and it lagged on the top end. i switched to the pt6 and it was a noticeable difference.
              Do you have the spacer gutted or are the butterflies still in it?

Comment

Did you throw the A6 cam in as well?

"The Turtle"
                DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                  If they are unhook then they are open all the time, if they are hook with straight vac. from the mani they will be fully open a WOT. You can get a P12 and really wake your car up.

OK that makes no sense to me...

You said..."If they are unhook then they are open all the time"

...meaning if you disconnnect the line the flaps are always OPEN?...that doesnt sound right...the vacuum line draws air IN I thought, OPENING the flaps? CORRECT?

"...if they are hook with straight vac. from the mani they will be fully open a WOT."

So if you disconnect the line, its wide open.... if you connect it to a vacuum line, its wide open....????

Also how can a P12 "wake up" a car that already uses the IAB with the PT6?

* owe my head *

Please SOMEONE clarify....

Comment

Originally posted by Taurians' Ryde View Post
                    OK that makes no sense to me...

You said..."If they are unhook then they are open all the time"

...meaning if you disconnnect the line the flaps are always OPEN?...that doesnt sound right...the vacuum line draws air IN I thought, OPENING the flaps? CORRECT?

"...if they are hook with straight vac. from the mani they will be fully open a WOT."

So if you disconnect the line, its wide open.... if you connect it to a vacuum line, its wide open....????

The butterflies are on a spring. When vacuum is present it holds the butterflies closed. When your car is off, the butterflies are open. As soon as you start your car up, vacuum builds and the butterflies close. As you increase throttle, there is less vacuum present so the butterflies open. Get it?

You can get a P12 and really wake your car up.
                    The P12 would not be the optimal setup for a car that has a A6 manifold because it does not control the IAB's. I have a P12 in my car and yes it does give it a little more power, but I would not say it "really wakes my car up".
                    Last edited by AbsurdNY; 09-24-2009, 06:28 AM.

My member's ride

Comment

The P12 would not be the optimal setup for a car that has a A6 manifold because it does not control the IAB's. I have a P12 in my car and yes it does give it a little more power, but I would not say it "really wakes my car up".
                      Yeah I couldn't think of another way to say it really. But he at least if he is running the PT6 he needs the A6 cam. I know someone running a P12 on an A6 but I have not really asked him how it's compared to the PT6.

Ok to clearfiy my before statement that they are open all the time if not hook up. The spring holds them open, when you start the car up the vac closes them with the use of the iab diaphram. When it is connected to the mani it basically open the same amount as the tb does to a certain extant.

Also if you don't belive any of this go get some vac plugs and try it yourself. Thats exactly what I did.

"The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

no. this is not what happened as the secondaries are hooked up to the intake manifold vac. not the black box. the lag was more than running the A1 single runner manifold.

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                        Do you have the spacer gutted or are the butterflies still in it?
                        the butterflies are in it

Did you throw the A6 cam in as well?
                        i have a fully built f22. bored, higher CR, etc. its not like i don't know what i'm talking about guys.
                        Last edited by frohawker; 09-24-2009, 06:52 PM.

Comment

i have a fully built f22. bored, higher CR, etc. its not like i don't know what i'm talking about guys.
                          Ment that to go to the op, not you. Also just because you have a built F22 doesn't also mean you know what you are talking about, just saying not saying you don't know though.

"The Turtle"
                          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Ment that to go to the op, not you. Also just because you have a built F22 doesn't also mean you know what you are talking about, just saying not saying you don't know though.
                            very true. i just figure don't post unless you know what you're talking about. isn't that the point of this board? to share correct information or at the least personal experience?

sorry to the OP for

Comment

very true. i just figure don't post unless you know what you're talking about. isn't that the point of this board? to share correct information or at the least personal experience?

sorry to the OP for
                              Yes, but there are a few people who think they know what they are talking about but don't.

"The Turtle"
                              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Working...
                              X