Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

E85 in CB7s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E85 in CB7s

I currently run E85 in my WRX and am wondering if anyone has experimented with running it on CB7s.

Do the CB7 injectors have enough headroom to run a 30% blend of E85? Would the ECU have enough range to allow the fuel trims to compensate for it without throwing too lean CELs?(if the obd even has that code) I'm not sure if there would be an advantage to running on a stock NA F22A4 being that the turbos like the octane advantage and cooler charge temps which allows for more advance.

Anyones thought and experiences would be nice to hear.

Without the proper tuning a car should never be using e85 unless it contains the ability to switch using airfuel ratio readings like the GM flexfuel vehicle. CB7s have very little leeway when it comes to switching fuels to e85, yes it may work but the car is going to run extreemly lean.

I have my CB on e85 but it required a FULL TUNE on hondata to get it to even run. on an NA cb you would need at minimum 400cc injectors for it to work propperly. There would be no power benefits from running e85 on an NA motor.

Also a CB would require much more than just its weak narrowband o2 sensor in order for it to regulate the airfuel ratio properly.

Has your WRX been tuned for e85?

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Yes the WRX has been tuned with all the supporting mods nescescary for 100% E85.

The reason I ask is the Subaru ECUs fuel trims do allow for near a 50/50 mix of E85 and 91 before you run into too lean CELs. Then It's just a matter of injectors and pump and you can usually run 100% e85 relatively safely but yes a tune should be employed to fully benefit from it. The O2 sensor was something that hadn't ran through my head I seem to forget sometimes that turbo scoobs employ the semi wideband front O2 for adjusting fuel in closed loop.

I wasn't sure if the ECU tech in older hondas would allow for a light blend or not without having issues. I love the E85 in the WRX and since my CB is my daily I figured why not see what the survey around here says about it.

Is hondata the only option for chipping and tuning CB7 ECUs?

Comment

what about an h22 turbo tuned on 91 octane. would running e85 hurt
        Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

there are many options for chipping/tuning honda ecu's. chrome,AEM, Hondata, to name a few.

member ride thread
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Turbos <3 E85, As long as you have the equipment to deliver the proper amount of fuel, Tuning is always a good idea as well.

Altho I dont know about hondas love for it, It could be a different world.

Comment

Figured I would post these articles in case anyone wants to read.

http://www.awdpirates.net/forums/vie...hp?f=20&t=4747

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803341

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                I have my CB on e85 but it required a FULL TUNE on hondata to get it to even run. on an NA cb you would need at minimum 400cc injectors for it to work propperly. There would be no power benefits from running e85 on an NA motor.
                What are the flow ratings on the stock injectors?

Comment

if i remember correctly i think they are 325cc

member ride thread
                  DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

just realized your in CO as well!

member ride thread
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

just realized your in CO as well!
                      Yeah other side of the state tho.

Comment

[QUOTE=turbo90accord;2220248] There would be no power benefits from running e85 on an NA motor. QUOTE]

i believe this statement is false. running e85 in a NA motor allows you to run more aggressive timing. with an octane rating of 100-105, that means you can get away with runing a high C/R on the street thus making crazy power

13:1 c/r + e85= crazy fun DD
                        TEH SICKNESS IS RISING

Comment

[QUOTE=sickocb7;2220403]
                          There would be no power benefits from running e85 on an NA motor. QUOTE]

i believe this statement is false. running e85 in a NA motor allows you to run more aggressive timing. with an octane rating of 100-105, that means you can get away with runing a high C/R on the street thus making crazy power

13:1 c/r + e85= crazy fun DD
                          actually the octane rating on e85 is an average of 114. And i was referring to a stock NA motor. on a stock motor e85 wouldnt net any difference just like trying to put 91 octane in the motor. It creates no more HP than the motor can efficiently create.

member ride thread
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

if i remember correctly i think they are 325cc
                            I was under the impression that they were only 240cc? Not positive.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

[QUOTE=turbo90accord;2220769]
                              Originally posted by sickocb7 View Post

actually the octane rating on e85 is an average of 114. And i was referring to a stock NA motor. on a stock motor e85 wouldnt net any difference just like trying to put 91 octane in the motor. It creates no more HP than the motor can efficiently create.
                              yea you're going to need to put some 12:1's in order for anything to work efficiently.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X