Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Right Hand Drive Conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Hand Drive Conversion?

I have had my cb for three years now and i just cant help to think that a RHD swap would be awesome. I just dont know if its has been done/if its possible. I work at a shop so i think i have the tools required. Oh and you can pry the title from my cold dead hands.

My CB7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=phalpin

You'd need the entire front end of a RHD CB to do it. Dashboard, firewall, etc. You'd need to cut your current firewall out, and weld the new one in. It has been done, and it is a LOT of work.

Comment

You'd need the entire front end of a RHD CB to do it. Dashboard, firewall, etc. You'd need to cut your current firewall out, and weld the new one in. It has been done, and it looks like a LOT of fun.
      1997 Honda Accord EX-V6:
      C27A4 - 2.7-liter 90º-V6 with SOHC, 24-valves, PGM-Fi
      MPZA - Electronically controlled 4-speed automatic, 1 reverse
      ~170 cu. in. / ~170 ft. lbs. / ~170 whp

Originally posted by James Matteu
      You have to consider the results of your test in an objective manner, or as the country folk like to say, "son, you gotta be smarter than what you're workin' with."

Comment

^ uuuuhhhh???? ^

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          You'd need the entire front end of a RHD CB to do it. Dashboard, firewall, etc. You'd need to cut your current firewall out, and weld the new one in. It has been done, and it is a LOT of work.
          Originally posted by James Matteu View Post
          You'd need the entire front end of a RHD CB to do it. Dashboard, firewall, etc. You'd need to cut your current firewall out, and weld the new one in. It has been done, and it looks like a LOT of fun.
          Near copy pasta? Anyways they are both right ( well they said the same thing ). You would be better off just buying a RHD cb7 and importing it ( also alot of work )

Comment

I think he did copy me, and changing "work" to "fun" was his point.

For me, it'd be too much work. Then again, I put off changing my brake pads until it was absolutely necessary.
            I really don't enjoy working on cars all that much.

Comment

Why on earth would you want to do this? Just to be different? You need to get out more...

There is a reason why the steering wheel is on the left in a country where you drive on the right side of the road (and vice versa). When you try to overtake another car, if you (driver) are not sitting on the side of the car nearer the centreline of the road then you can't easily see past the car in front, making overtaking more difficult, frustrating and dangerous.
              Regards from Oz,
              John.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post
                Why on earth would you want to do this? Just to be different? You need to get out more...

There is a reason why the steering wheel is on the left in a country where you drive on the right side of the road (and vice versa). When you try to overtake another car, if you (driver) are not sitting on the side of the car nearer the centreline of the road then you can't easily see past the car in front, making overtaking more difficult, frustrating and dangerous.
                true lol

Comment

Originally posted by johngarcia87 View Post
                  true lol
                  Quit post whoring.

Comment

Originally posted by johnl View Post

actually i dont think this makes sense at all. it should be opposite. stay as far from the centerline as possible by using the right line as your guide. if you are close to the line then you arent anywhere close to the center. in drivers ed u should be taught to stay closer to the shoulder in the right lane on a 2 lane opposing direction road.
                    another reason to have RHD in usa is if u do collide with a stupid drunk or texting female driver then you wouldnt be killed as ive seen in MANY MANY scenarios.

personally i feel that its ass backwards, but everyone will have a different POV. but on 2nd though its prob best the way it is, i mean 3/4 of America cant drive worth shit. any change now might make it worse LOL

to the OP, someone already answered your question already but they do have a very very thorough thread showing all that info with detailed pictures. use the search function b4 making further new threads.
                    frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=rhd
                      My ride History:
                      Accord 90 lx auto: Gone
                      Accord 91 dx MT: Gone
                      Accord 92 lx auto: Gone
                      -----------------------------------
                      1st to D.I.Y custom RED/CLEAR's

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                        actually i dont think this makes sense at all. it should be opposite. stay as far from the centerline as possible by using the right line as your guide. if you are close to the line then you arent anywhere close to the center. in drivers ed u should be taught to stay closer to the shoulder in the right lane on a 2 lane opposing direction road.
                        another reason to have RHD in usa is if u do collide with a stupid drunk or texting female driver then you wouldnt be killed as ive seen in MANY MANY scenarios.

personally i feel that its ass backwards, but everyone will have a different POV. but on 2nd though its prob best the way it is, i mean 3/4 of America cant drive worth shit. any change now might make it worse LOL

to the OP, someone already answered your question already but they do have a very very thorough thread showing all that info with detailed pictures. use the search function b4 making further new threads.
                        Drive a RHD car in a LHD world... you'll understand.

Comment

waste of money is my worthless opinion.
                          Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                          Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                          Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                          Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                          Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Buy one from Australia and import it over? Probably be the easiest solution..
                            Built & Boosted.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Drive a RHD car in a LHD world... you'll understand.
                              Or drive a LHD in a RHD world - It sucks.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X