Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

brake light out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake light out?

My back driver side brake light does not work. l changed the bulbs and it still did not work. can some one tell me wat should I do?

Check your fuses. Check for any damaged wires. Make sure your new bulb isn't a dud.

Comment

check fuse.

edit, deev beat me to it

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Make sure nothing looks corroded or anything like that.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
        New people click here

Comment

they wires look good on it and the bulb is new i changed it like 3 times already. do u guys think it could be a ground problem? my next step is to check the fuses but i think all of them are good.

Comment

The actual socket for that light bulb might be bad. Look iside of the socket to see if the metal contacts are burned. if so, change the actual socket.

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
              The actual socket for that light bulb might be bad. Look iside of the socket to see if the metal contacts are burned. if so, change the actual socket.
              When i replace my bulb, it'll work fine for a day then the next its out again, but bulb is still good. Socket or Wire problem?

Comment

it sounds like a wiring problem,have you put in any music

Comment

Originally posted by rayray91 View Post
                  When i replace my bulb, it'll work fine for a day then the next its out again, but bulb is still good. Socket or Wire problem?
                  Take a good look at the socket itself. There may be corrosion, rust or dust in there, or a loose wire connection to the socket assembly. Also look at the connectors on the bulb itself -- they can also corrode or rust. A little bit of sandpaper and di-electric grease can go a long way to fixing intermittent bulb issues.

It is pretty common to have water collect in the brake light housings when they get older, which then heats up in the sun and steams the brake socket causing it to rust and/or corrode prematurely. To fix the leaking brake light housing, some people use a silicon sealer, others replace the gaskets. There are many threads on the site if you want more information on that.

Comment

I have had the little control boxes in my tail lights burn out before from moisture... you may want to check them out.

Comment

I have experienced this problem at some stage also.

I found:

On my JDM prelude:

The wattage on the bulb is different to the local market (Australia - as thats where i am).

I found that replacing the bulb with the local double action bulb the brake light would appear.

On my JDM CB accord:

I found the rear light clusters are prone to corrosion due to water getting in the lenses (a common problem on CB7's). I was lucky and had a spare socket and wire loom which fixed the problem.

On my other local prelude:

It had defective brake bulbs where an electrode had collapsed and was linking with the other (park light was linked with brake light). It wasnt evident when pressing the brakes as it would light up but prob. gave a different reading throwing it out.

Your case is more likely a socket problem (once you have isolated the bulbs - inspect each one or buy new ones for all). Good luck!
                      Rides:

Accord
                      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Did you get it fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by zoetrusoldier View Post
                          Did you get it fixed?
                          Not yet, been lazy all weekend, stressed and shit, did take a look at the inside looked fine, but will replace the socket in a few days anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X