Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

O2 Sensor Effect On MPG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Sensor Effect On MPG?

If my O2 Sensor is bad how much will it effect my MPG and performance?

If the o2 sensor is bad the car will compensate for the too rich/too lean problem and lead to bad gas mileage and poor performance

As for how much of each, I dunno.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I know i suffered alot!!!! i remember when my o2 was going bad 10 dlls wouldnt last me 2 days...... i thought it was the fuel filter but then for some reason i had an itch in my head thinking it was the o2 sensor..... so i replaced it anyways cuz who knows how long the previous owner replaced it.... and wola!!!! lolnow my 10 dlls lasts me for more than 3 days lol

Comment

Do you need a special tool to chage the O2 Sensor? I have a 1990 Accord EX...Let me know guys...

Comment

you just need a wrench that can go over the 02 filter. Or a socket if you wanna cut the wires off the old one. Might be useful because they can be hard to remove. We tried to take mine out and it cross-threaded so it's not coming out .

Comment

or just an adjustable crescent wrench.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

You can borrow the proper socket from any major autoparts store. That is the correct way to do it.

And yes, the o2 sensor is what tells the ECU how much fuel to send. When the reading is off, the ECU dumps a "safe" amount of fuel... which is alway far more than you really need. Anytime you see someone whining about getting 12mpg... that's because their o2 sensor is shot.

When you replace it, replace it with a genuine Honda sensor. The cheap aftermarket sensors do not work correctly. The Honda sensor is much more expensive, but IT WORKS. Paying anything at all for a sensor that won't work correctly is idiotic.

Comment

What's the proper socket for an 02 sensor, is it just a regular socket or is it a specialty socket that can somehow get over or around the wires?

Comment

It's a socket with a notch cut in it to clear the wires.

Comment

I wish I would've known about that when we did my exhaust, then I wouldn't have had to cut and tape the wires back together to use a regular socket.

Comment

One more thing, the CB7 only has 1 O2 Sensor right?

Comment

yes our cars only have one

Comment

Originally posted by chiaxi2002 View Post
                          If my O2 Sensor is bad how much will it effect my MPG and performance?
                          I just replaced mine, just filled up first tank b4 I got home and I went from 20 mpg to 30.9, On a h22 swap I/H/E and chipped ecu.... damn it for not getting 31

My ride:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143916

Comment

Working...
                          X