Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car overheated after I install short ram intake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does, but the IAT temps should not be the difference between overheating and not. I think the root of your problem is something else.

Check coolant levels, thermostat, and if the fans are working.

Comment

Check your coolant levels. You shouldn't have an issue with hot intake air temps and your enigne coolant temps.
      VTEC G27? = ???whp ???wtq
      VTEC G23 = 220whp 191wtq
      nonVTEC G23 = 200whp 183wtq
      K24 iVTEC hybrid = 260whp 210wtq

Comment

Add Antifreeze too so you dont screw up your cooling system.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb792 View Post
          Thanks for everyone helping me out. It wasn't the air intake problem, I didn't had no coolant in my car basiclly because I always added water to the raidator every morning.... im so stupid?
          learn from your mistakes.

Originally posted by visualpoet
          some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

I'f you're adding water every morning there is a problem somewhere, you might want to figure out where all this coolant is going.

And just adding water won't cause it to overheat, water actually conducts heat better than antifreeze, you use antifreeze in a car because water would freeze in the winter.

Nick

Comment

I was gonna say, I don't think an intake would add that much power.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Hot air from an intake is impossible to make the car overheat.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

youn should check were u leaking the fluid and fix so u dont have the plobem anymore

Comment

Working...
                  X