Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

use engine or rebuild. NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use engine or rebuild. NOW

well after doing an oil change and trying some additive (i know theirs no mechanic in a can) but it didn't fix the oil burning problem my CB7's suffering from that i have just bought last weekend. So, now im in a pickle. and the car smokes Way to much for my liking. and if i knew it burned oil i would have never bought it. so

Option 1: rebuild the engine, with Slandered parts and new gaskets, seals,timing belt, balance belt, water pump, rings, and rod bearing ONLY. i would not touch the crank bearings. or oil pump.

Option 2: buy a used f22 and plunk it in over the weekend.

both options are going to run me about 350 $ the engine would be faster, but rebuilding it would be fresher

wither way something will be happening the weekend of the 19th hopefully

Rebuild it...
    -Will

Comment

Hmmm... i guess it all depends on what kinda condition the used motor would be in. If you went with the rebuild, you could run into other problems that werent apparent beforehand, and end up costing you more. What motor you running now?
      Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

F22a6, and it only has 124,xxx miles on it. and im guessing the rings are bad, or the valve seals, but if im doing one i mite as well do both,

and a used motor i would be Pissed if i put it in and had the same problem lmao, but if it is used id slap a timing kit on it, water pump and letter rip

and thats the thing, i got the car cheap, but wasn't expecting this, and it does have a fair amount of dents, rust, and a window regulator bad, and money already tied up in it.but its my daily driving project lol
        Last edited by 07BLKNINJA; 09-10-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Yeah, its not easy trying to fix everything while you need to drive the car... i gotta do my clutch soon... fuck.
          Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

124,000 miles....hummm. I would go for the used engine. Will you be getting the engine online or from a place that sells low mileage jdm engines? With a engine outside of the car, you can pretty see what needs to be replaced like timing belt, etc.
            MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

ehh. it was going to be one with 140k off line locally.

Comment

I'd say get another engine. Then you would have an F that you could build on the side. I don't really know what you plan to do with the car though.

Comment

Rebuild it

I say rebuild the one you have. Just make sure you buy everything that you think you will need ahead of time since this is your daily and you can't afford the down time. The reason I say rebuild the one in your car is becuz you already know whats wrong with it. If you buy another one, you might have to rebuild it a few months down the line. So, you might as well save time and money and rebuild yours. Remember, by taking the easy route you will more than likely end up spending more money and wasting more time in the long run. Just my .02. The choice is yours.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

I say H22 it lol.
                    jk, rebuild it and have it running like a champ again, because the engine you get may have its own problems you might find out later on.

you never know

Originally posted by visualpoet
                    some owners think it's the best thing since titties

Comment

rebuilt it!
                      Turbo F22 Under Construction

Comment

Working...
                      X