Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

heater not working..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heater not working..

trying to takout the heater core thats in the dash on the passenger side.. was wondering if i have to takeout my entire dash to take it out and install my new one?

Oh wow, i actually just finished taking apart my whole dash b/c my heater was stuck on. You do have to take it all apart, cause the heater core is in the center of the car, the blower and a/c condenser are on the passenger side. So you should probably get a sevice manual, and some patience, any questions about it, just ask me. Good luck!
    Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

Before you change the heater core, what are the symptoms of your heater not working?

It's possible that it may not be the heater core, which can save you a lot of time and money.

Comment

Originally posted by kdizzle View Post
        trying to takout the heater core thats in the dash on the passenger side.. was wondering if i have to takeout my entire dash to take it out and install my new one?
        Now when you say heater is not working, do you mean that the blower motor is not working or do you mean its blowing air but not getting how? Is it coming on at all? Be a lio more specific with your problem. Now to answer your question, you just have to take out the glove compartment and take out the two dash screws on the passenenger side to loosen it up a lil bit. Once thats out of your way, you can drop the blower motor, and then get to the heater core thats right next to it.
        Last edited by CBAccordA4; 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM.
        FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
        Pm meX
        I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
        H22A Swap
        I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

eh.. heater cores blow. Had to do it on my old supra. I hope you dont have to go through the same thing lol.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
          New people click here

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
            Now when you say heater is not working, do you mean that the blower motor is not working or do you mean its blowing air but not getting how? Is it coming on at all? Be a lio more specific with your problem. Now to answer your question, you just have to take out the glove compartment and take out the two dash screws on the passenenger side to loosen it up a lil bit. Once thats out of your way, you can drop the blower motor, and then get to the heater core thats right next to it.
            The heater core is in the middle of the car, i just fixed the one in my car. The whole dash has to come off. The piece next to the blower is the A/C condenser. If no A/C its empty.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by choogee3; 09-11-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Nice pic!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Nice pic!
                Haha, that was my car 3 days ago But shes all back together now.

Comment

Hate to nit-pic but some of the above nomenclature is wrong. The AC thing inside the cabin is not the condensor, it's the evaporator. The Condenser is sitting in front of the radiator..

So there it is..

Comment

Either way, you have to take the dash off to get at the heater. Sorry about the mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
                      Hate to nit-pic but some of the above nomenclature is wrong. The AC thing inside the cabin is not the condensor, it's the evaporator. The Condenser is sitting in front of the radiator..

So there it is..
                      Meh, if u open it up , it looks like a condenser

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
                      -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

Working...
                      X