Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

polyurethane Bushing kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

polyurethane Bushing kit

Ok i had a question about this kit

I was looking at " http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=432013 ".

I need to know: How do you install the bushings into the places like the upper control arm ( front and rear ). Do they need to be pressed in or should i be able to do it myself? How hard is it to install one of these kits also? If its too hard then should i just go with

http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=6351100

I need either one of these to pass maryland state inspection, as all of my rubber boots are dry rotted. ( by the way i do have accesse to a shop, but its at my brothers discression because he hates my car and hates to touch it )

The bushings can be a pain in the ass to do. You CAN do it yourself, but many people pay to have them pressed in.

That kit is actually REALLY cheap! I paid more than that for cheap ebay crap for the front end alone!

If you plan on lowering your car, I'd strongly suggest getting their adjustable conrol arms.

Comment

Check out www.energysuspension.com they make bushing kits. Prothane is another good company, not sure if they still make kits for cb's

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        The bushings can be a pain in the ass to do. You CAN do it yourself, but many people pay to have them pressed in.

That kit is actually REALLY cheap! I paid more than that for cheap ebay crap for the front end alone!

If you plan on lowering your car, I'd strongly suggest getting their adjustable conrol arms.
        Is it one of thoes " you get what you pay for " quality parts or would you reccomend it? I have acesse to a press if required. I dont really foresee lowing my car within the distant future but it might happen some day. How much would thoes run me ( all i could find were the $200 from TASauto ) An off topic question but, what are some other good websites for accord parts like TASauto?

Comment

the hard part is getting the old bushings out, especially if they haven't been replaced in a while

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

My gusse is these are the factory bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
              the hard part is getting the old bushings out, especially if they haven't been replaced in a while
              You could always burn them out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                You could always burn them out, lol.
                yes a torch is a good tool for bushings

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22
                375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                  yes a torch is a good tool for bushings
                  A hydraulic press is an even better one.

Comment

Ok besides getting the old bushings out, how good would you say that kit is?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                      Ok besides getting the old bushings out, how good would you say that kit is?
                      i too was looking at it...i was wondering the manufacturer though.

as for the second set of items...definite no.

get oem, dont waste time with api products.
                      Last edited by slammed4thgen; 09-10-2009, 07:20 AM.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Ugh bushing are a pain in the axe man there stubborn i had a good friend help me with mine seemed to be more of a 2 man job in the end lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          Is it one of thoes " you get what you pay for " quality parts or would you reccomend it? I have acesse to a press if required. I dont really foresee lowing my car within the distant future but it might happen some day. How much would thoes run me ( all i could find were the $200 from TASauto ) An off topic question but, what are some other good websites for accord parts like TASauto?
                          The parts that TASauto sells are all quality. You can't go wrong with their parts, and they're usually very good about answering any questions regarding their products.

Their adjustable upper control arms are fantastic. I have them myself, and I would never use anything else for camber correction. I've had a cheap camber kit on me, and nearly lost my car at 70mph... and possibly my life. Those arms come with urethane bushings and an Ingalls adjustable upper ball joint. Top quality stuff, and well worth the price. I wouldn't trust anything similar for less, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            The parts that TASauto sells are all quality. You can't go wrong with their parts, and they're usually very good about answering any questions regarding their products.

Their adjustable upper control arms are fantastic. I have them myself, and I would never use anything else for camber correction. I've had a cheap camber kit on me, and nearly lost my car at 70mph... and possibly my life. Those arms come with urethane bushings and an Ingalls adjustable upper ball joint. Top quality stuff, and well worth the price. I wouldn't trust anything similar for less, honestly.
                            ok well then I'm sold on the polyurthane bushings, Im the guy who likes to do things right the 1st time but I'll probaly get the adjustable control arm when/if I lower my car.

Comment

I believe it was mentioned already but Energy Suspension makes a kit too. Theyre name brand and rather inexpenssive. Look them up on ebay.
                              The past, is history:The future, is a mystery:The present, is a gift.
                              James 4:7
                              Submit yourself to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X