Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bolt-ons or swap!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bolt-ons or swap!?

ok so i have a problem:

im kinda of in both boats as to put some bolt-on's on or swap an h22

if i swap the h22 it will stay stock for awhile

if i keep the f22 this is what i would do

stock motor

delta 272

h23 IM

70mm TB

kamakazie header

custom 2.5/3in exhaust

chipped po6 running chrome

h23 trans/stg 1 clutch w/8lbs flywheel

ebay CAI

Build The F!

Comment

this might sound crazy but me personally im beasting up my f22 and running it till it pops then i will get a h but thats just the road im taking then i will know for myself after i beast the h which one is better lol
      SwaggerJacker

Comment

The Kamikaze header is pretty poorly made, from what I've been told. Everything else looks good. Do you know how to tune an ECU?

Comment

bro just do what your gonna do to that F and build it!! then later on just boost it IMO but with that h23 tranns you'll be pulling hard as heLL!!!

Comment

stay away form that header i have seen them crack at the welds unless you make a bracket to secure it to the block like the stock headers then you might be alright but i would shy away form it if i was you but build the F it has a better flowing head and with the h23 mani and tranny your torque is gunna pull hard as shit

Comment

Yeah i'd stay with the A4 header or get an ebay header. By all means if you could afford it go with a Bisi header lol.

Comment

Get a bisimoto header, they are quality and have great hp gains. Keep the F22 and build it!

Edit: Brandon beat me to it but yeah the header will help especially with the plans that you have.

Comment

The Bisimoto header is only $630 if we can get the group buy going. We need 50 people... but that's half price! It gives 27whp on a bone stock F22A1, and will give considerably more as you add more mods to the motor. No single bolt-on will give that kind of gain, and it'd be difficult to get 27whp for that much money even with a combination of parts. It's an AMAZING deal.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    The Bisimoto header is only $630 if we can get the group buy going. We need 50 people... but that's half price! It gives 27whp on a bone stock F22A1, and will give considerably more as you add more mods to the motor. No single bolt-on will give that kind of gain, and it'd be difficult to get 27whp for that much money even with a combination of parts. It's an AMAZING deal.
                    X2 I wish I had the money right now for it because I would be all over it.

Comment

It'll be going on for a few weeks. Save your milk money!

I was just crunching numbers. An H22 swap runs about $1000 to $1500 these days, for parts alone. That's not including replacing wear items (like the timing belt and water pump, seals, etc...) or fluids and such that are necessary.

For $1000-$1500, you could EASILY make H22 power, possibly more, with the F22A. This header would be a key component. Add a cam, intake, H23 intake manifold with bored throttle body, and a proper exhaust... and you're well on your way to making NICE power. Get a tuned ECU, and you'll be raping H22s on a regular basis.

Comment

Yeah I used to want to do the H swap but after reading more and more about the F i'd rather stay with it. I've heard too many good things about it and seen the complete motor sell for as low as $100 sometimes, $500 at the most.

Comment

Yeah, the great thing is that if you trash it, replacements are dirt cheap. I sold my F22A1 motor and trans after my h22 swap for $50. The motor was perfectly healthy, the trans had a grind... and this was in 2003.

The h22 swap is great, don't get me wrong. I love mine... but the F22A is just much more interesting anymore. Everyone does the H22 swap. If you're fast, people assume you're swapped. Having the "stock" motor in there and still kicking ass is really fun!

Comment

Non vtec sohc stock motor kicking ass lol. I just like N/A motors. I've never owned a turbo vehicle but have driven them and ridden in them and don't get me wrong I love them but I like having all motor better.

Comment

My very first car was a turbo. Automatic. 1987 Dodge Shadow. 140hp. It was a fun car, but I didn't know enough to really enjoy it.

I've had turbo, supercharged, and NA. So far, my NA CB7 has been my favorite... though that will be supercharged soon enough.

If I had an F22A, I'd be going the NA route, I think. The potential of the F22A is really intriguing. It's amazing how this little economy powerplant can be transformed into a race monster so easily!

Comment

Working...
                              X