Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short ram air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short ram air

I was looking at installing a cold air intake but since I use my car for a daily driver and its often wet here I don' t think it would be a good choice. Do you guys think its worth putting a short ram air on considering its so close to the engine? Is it worth buy an AEM over an ebay brand?

You're probably going to be told to search because of how much this has been discussed on here. But to answer your question, get a bypass valve if you're running a cai and that will help keep it from hydrolocking. If you know it's going to be pouring down, flood weather then just take the bottom tube off and run it as a short ram. As far as the piping goes, wether you pay 200 or 20 dollars for the intake they are both going to be a pipe. Buy the cheap one and put a quality filter on it and you'll be fine. Hope this helped.

Comment

I've been running a cold air intake since 2003 with no troubles. I just don't drive through big puddles. It's really not that hard to avoid large bodies of water in the road.

A short ram intake will be fine. When the car is moving, the air temperature isn't all that warm.

You'd be fine with a cheap no-name short ram pipe, but I would upgrade the filter to AEM or K&N. The cheap filters don't work well, costing power, and eventually damaging your engine because they don't filter properly.

Comment

Yeah i've actually never used a bypass valve lol. I've ran cold air intakes on the last few cars i've had without any problems.

Comment

Thanks for the help I'll prolly just run a short ram

Comment

Either way you can't go wrong. There's someone on here that has an engine short ram intake for sell. At least they did. It used and doesn't have a filter. All you would need to do is sand it down and then paint/polish it and get a filter. Check the classifieds. Good luck.

Comment

Do you know of any sites that sell the filters because I googled it and was having a hard time finding one.

Comment

http://store.knfilters.com/

Comment

You can get them from auto zone or advanced most of the time. You can probably find them cheaper online but i'm not too sure. Here's a bunch of them just to give you an idea. The last thing I read Apexi had tested the best but you really can't go wrong with any name brand filter.
                  http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?...onda&md=Accord

Comment

Okay sounds good. Ill go ahead and get that ordered. I know this isnt in the right spot but I was looking into getting hids and i know they arent properly used to their potential without projectors. Where do most people get their tsx projectors a jy?

Comment

Would you actually get any noticable power by adding one?

Comment

Butt dyno noticeable lol. You won't gain much from it. But once you add a header and cat back with all three of them combined they'll make better power and it would be noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                          You can get them from auto zone or advanced most of the time. You can probably find them cheaper online but i'm not too sure. Here's a bunch of them just to give you an idea. The last thing I read Apexi had tested the best but you really can't go wrong with any name brand filter.
                          http://www.thepartsbin.com/catalog/?...onda&md=Accord
                          Aside from HKS, who is very well respected. Their foam filters are absolute garbage. Don't get any filter that looks like a sponge. Just get a good cone filter.

Comment

Do short rams help fuel mileage really at all?

Comment

With a stock ECU, it may actually result is worse mpg.

Comment

Working...
                              X