Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car won't pass 3500rpm!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't pass 3500rpm!!!

i was driving on the highway when all of a sudden my car starts to boggle like it didnt wanna accelarate, kinda like when you hit top speed due to the ECU kinda thing,

it started to happen when i started to accelarate and then when i kept tryna to accelarate it over 3500rpm, my engine light came on :-\

So now i cant pass 3500rpm on neutral, or in anyother gear, what you guys think the problem is?

why not check the code? you KNOW there is one if the CEL came on. by telling us the code it makes it a million times easier to help you.

Comment

happened to me once. actually a couple times now. but normally i just turn off the car and when i start her up again shes fine.

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
        why not check the code? you KNOW there is one if the CEL came on. by telling us the code it makes it a million times easier to help you.
        i wish i knew what you meant by code...how do check that?

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...k+engine+light

Comment

almost sounds like an ignitor issue.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
              almost sounds like an ignitor issue.
              sounds like alot of money, how would i go about fixing that?

Comment

its about 80 bucks for an ignitor.
                or buy a new dizzy. or a jy one.

its a little square module thing in your dizzy.
                it has 4 wires connected to it.
                go.

Comment

did u check all the engine grounds that caused it to happen to me and also if the was air in the radiator jus a thought

Comment

I'm not sure if this could help, but the same thing happened to me on a dodge dakota I used to own. I had installed a CAI and while doing so I broke the clip to the MAF that holds the conection in place. I said "screw it, I'll fix it later" and an hour later it jiggled loose causing the same problem that it sounds like you're having.

Comment

i was driving today, and for the first like 15 minutes if boggled down to like 100rpm when coming to a complete stop but didnt quite hit the 0, so everytime i had switched it to neutral and coming to a complete stop i would just see the rpm almost hit 0, motor shaking and everything, then after 15 minutes i came to another complete stop and it shut off on me, i tried to turn it on and it worked but shut off right after, then i tried to turn it on again and it didnt start up this time...so i let the car sit for like 5minutes, and tried it again and it turned on and stayed on this time

now the ENL is off but then i begin to drive again, and as i try to pass 3500 rpm, it starts to boggle again THEN thats when the ENL decides to come on again

Comment

have you checked your spark plugs for carbon or to see if they are getting any wierd build up on them?

Comment

Did you check the code yet? If we knew the code it would make it easier to help you out.

the sedan
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                          the wagon
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                          the integra
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

well its 60 bucks for an ignitor or you can get a distributor from distributor king and it has lifetime warranty for 125 shipped.

ive gone through more ignitors than motors so i know what they do however an ignition coil can also be a suspect.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Sounds like an Ignitor issue to me as well...

Part number = 06302-PT2-000

Comment

Working...
                              X