Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gasoline octane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question is, is it ABSOLUTELY required to run 93 in a stock h22?
    -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
    if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
    Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

wat u mean by 93??? 93 secs? im confus lol

Comment

Originally posted by H0ndaSpyd3rLM View Post
        My question is, is it ABSOLUTELY required to run 93 in a stock h22?
        no mid grade would be fine. Though it does have higher compression than an f22 its not to the point that using mid grade would cause any performance problems nor would it cause knocking/pinging which is seen sometimes in cars with very high compression ratios using low octane fuel.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
        member ride thread
        11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

o...lmao u mean on fuel ma b .........i forgot bout the topic........n no it could be mid like turboaccord said

Comment

jdmboi is a 16 year old ricer.
            Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

I seem to think that i feel a difference from 89 - 93. I have no documented proof, but it feels like when i put 93 (OCTANE) in, i have more 'get up and go'.

but other factors apply. Temperture, altitude, humidity (I live in knoxville, tn Humidity is always above 70%...), fluid levels, pressure, etc...
              -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
              if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
              Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
                higher octane is less resistant to detonation
                No...

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
                it takes slightly longer for the piston to reach it's peak so you need a gas that won't detonate too soon
                No...
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmboi type s View Post
                  lol nah really tho im runnin on airplane gas....its like runnin nos on da car
                  No it's not...
                  Regards from Oz,
                  John.

Comment

o...lmao u mean on fuel ma b .........i forgot bout the topic........n no it could be mid like turboaccord said
                    Your posts are full of stupidity....

THAT is a cell phone...you txt your friends on it...txt messages usually consist of shortened words and no grammer

Here at , we are not your friends...and what you are typing on is a

which actually has a spell checker

so stop being a total

or gtfo
                    ____

Comment

i got airplane gas cuz a friend of mine has it on his rx7 rebuilt i recently got my h22a4 rebuilt wit a h23 head so i desided 2 do the same its not a ofen thin tho i just put it on the weekend wen im bout to race.....+ airplane gas is not cheap....lmao trust me
                      You are comparing apples and oranges. The question here is whether using higher octane fuel will be better than using lower octane fuel in an engine that runs happily on the lower octane fuel, not what will be needed in a modified engine.

If you have a highish or high CR then you will probably require higher octane fuel to avoid detonation. You won't be getting more power because you are using a high octane fuel, you will be getting more power because your engine has been modified, most probably including a CR increase (and supercharge boost in in effect a CR increase as far as detonation is concerned).

Even with no other mods, a higher CR results in a more efficient burn than a lower CR, so even though a higher octane fuel will typically have a slightly lesser energy content per CC of fuel, with a higher CR you get more power out of it because it's burnt more efficiently than with a lower CR.

Lower the CR while still using the higher octane fuel and you get a less efficient burn as well as a fuel with a lesser energy content...

Be aware that Avgas is a leaded fuel and thus will destroy the cat converter, not to mention any legalities associated with using it on the public road...

Note too that even very highly modified Wankel engines don't require particularly high octane fuels due to the very large combustion chamber surface area to volume ratio which causes a very strong 'quenching' effect, i.e. the very large combustion chamber surface area (which has a relatively low temperature) strongly cools the compressed air/fuel mix to the point that it cannot detonate even with quite high supercharge boost and CR.

This is also one reason why Wankel engines have relatively poor fuel economy and high hydrocarbon emmisions, i.e. because the quench effect is so strong that it prevents a significant proportion of the fuel from burning at all (let alone spontaneously exploding).
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

yea my car is tuned for it and yea i herd but fuk it...lol i always hav new parts n yea theres alot, alot of gains on it, its ridiculous
                        If your car is optimally 'tuned' to run Avgas then it's not surprising if you get less power from a lower octane (and possibly poor quality fuel relative to Avgas). If you run lower octane fuel and your engine has a knock sensor fitted then if the sensor detects any slight detonation the ECU will back off the ignition timing and power will drop. Even without any correction, if you are getting slight detonation then there will be a power drop off.

If we assume that detonation isn't an issue, then unless you have objective numbers to back up your claim (i.e. dyno or elapsed times using the different fuels with no other changes), then I suspect the biggest gain from using Avgas is placebo...
                        Regards from Oz,
                        John.

Comment

nah im dead serious...i run my 90 ex swap cb7 on airplane gas on da weekend...no lie.....just incase some dumb idiots try 2 act dumb n race me hahhaha no chance...! like 2dai i race a rx7 turbo on da highway n smoke the shit out of him by like 8 car lanes lmaoo try tha on regular gas........
                          I think there was an episode of CSI were a kid used jet fuel in his EVO and guess what he got mad gains but he also died in a car fire

but if your tuned for it then please stomp holes in our asses

maybe in your wet dreams lol

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                          91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                          funds for swap:$000.00
                          Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                          Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

I use 89 from Chevron like crazy. I feel that Susie (my CB7) runs a lot better...havent had the guts to put 91 in her...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                              I think there was an episode of CSI were a kid used jet fuel in his EVO and guess what he got mad gains but he also died in a car fire
                              Jet fuel is basically very clean kerosine. Using 'jet fuel' would make your car much safer because it doesn't ignite as easily or burn as fiercely as petrol ('gas'), and, the engine wouldn't start...
                              Regards from Oz,
                              John.

Comment

Working...
                              X