Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gasoline octane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasoline octane...

what should we use for our cars??

i was curious to this topic because people always seem to have their own opinions about it

what are the true facts about the difference between using premium, midgrade, nd regular, no bs

absolutely no difference in our cars. save your money and get regular

Comment

Your car is really only designed to work on a certine octane. Putting in diffrent octane will only help if you have pre-ignition ( Am i refferring to the right thing? ). I wonderd the same thing and looked into it. Basically what i read was a higher octane gas wont matter in our cars due to the compression ratio in the engine. Im pretty sure im not completly wrong but i'd wait to see what some other people say first.

Comment

regular any thing else is a waste of money. unless your turbo hehe
        Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

I've read that unless your car calls for premium, using it isn't a good idea. Having an h22, I have to use premium. But, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Even tho it's almost 3.50 a gallon here

Comment

really? One of these again? we just went through a batch of these threads

Higher octane fuel in your stock cb7 won't do anything but waste your money. It won't hurt anything either, it'll just waste your money.

If you have a higher compression engine (be it N/A or FI) you will need higher octane to reduce knocking.

Putting higher octane into your car won't increase mpg's, hp, or torque.

/thread
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by BrOoKlYnBoUnDcb View Post
              The Higher the Octane the hotter your car runs..... So keep it low 87 all the way!PeAcE
              FALSE- higher octane will not make you run hotter.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
              member ride thread
              11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
              DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
              People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
              I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
              John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                Putting higher octane into your car won't increase mpg's, hp, or torque.
                Using higher octane fuel in an engine that doesn't actually require it (i.e. NA with lowish CR) will very likely result in a small but measurable deterioration in economy, torque, and power output.
                Regards from Oz,
                John.

Comment

93 ftw better performance burn less gas when gas price gets high like $3 to $4 gal go with 89

2014 bisimoto parts coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                    FALSE- higher octane will not make you run hotter.
                    Beat me to it...
                    Regards from Oz,
                    John.

Comment

unless you're running high-compression pistons, high octane gas is a waste. higher octane is less resistant to detonation, hence using it with high compression pistons. it takes slightly longer for the piston to reach it's peak so you need a gas that won't detonate too soon

stick to 87 or at least don't go over 89
                      90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

lmaooo not for nothin but im runnin airplane gas on my cb7 now...omg u should see it run.......

Comment

Originally posted by jdmboi type s View Post
                          lmaooo not for nothin but im runnin airplane gas on my cb7 now...omg u should see it run.......
                          heck ya dude!! the higher tha better. only if i cAN get my hands on some alien space ship fuel, my cb7 will fly

Comment

lol nah really tho im runnin on airplane gas....its like runnin nos on da car

Comment

Originally posted by jdmboi type s View Post
                              lol nah really tho im runnin on airplane gas....its like runnin nos on da car
                              how? and why? what do you have

Comment

Working...
                              X