Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car dies when I stop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car dies when I stop??

Ok so my car sat for about a week while I went to Cali. I get home and it starts up and idles but when I drive and come stop, it dies. What could cause this? I had this problem once before but it stopped after I took it on a 3hr trip to Austin.

Any info would be great!

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
    BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
    SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

it happen to me a couple of times check your main fuel relay . . dose it start back up when you try to turn it back on?

Comment

Originally posted by moddified View Post
      it happen to me a couple of times check your main fuel relay . . dose it start back up when you try to turn it back on?
      Yea it starts back up and will idle, but when I take off and stop again it dies.

Formerly know as accord-racing Jan 06 - Dec 07
      BOUGHT FROM: cb95spd, lildeez07, L3G10N, JARHEAD293, True-BlueCB7, Boost_Lee, djcaz_aom, zmiennik
      SOLD TO: treyd82, Sneakerhead28, BoxMan, civic_90_08, greenmachine9, baracuda, zmiennik

Comment

Its ur main relay. I've replaced it in two different cb7s.. both did exactly what yours is doing.

92' Ex - Needs work, but hey! It runs safely
        91' Lx -Car vs IDIOT.. R.I.P.
        RIP 92' Lx... Car vs Concrete.. Car lost.

Comment

check your alternator

main relay

and how high is your idle sitting at?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

my car dies every once and awhile at a light. My idle sits so low, I mean below 500. Some times it just stall and die.

Comment

bump cus I got same problem and mechanic said it was fuel pickup -_- any link to that how to on fixing main relay?
              93 ex sedan
              automatic

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                my car dies every once and awhile at a light. My idle sits so low, I mean below 500. Some times it just stall and die.
                set it higher. on your intake manifold there's a screw to adjust it.

Originally posted by xmsleepR View Post
                bump cus I got same problem and mechanic said it was fuel pickup -_- any link to that how to on fixing main relay?
                http://techauto.awardspace.com/mainrelay.html

Comment

[QUOTE=vietkid_2006;2186739]set it higher. on your intake manifold there's a screw to adjust it.

I set mine higher and it still didn't do nething it jus idles high @ 1500 in the morning and after it warms up starts dropping to 100 and many times it'll jus shut right off when I sink the clutch

Comment

^^^ i didnt even know about that little screw good 411 just learned something

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
                      set it higher. on your intake manifold there's a screw to adjust it.
                      Tried that... doesn't work. Its either to high or too low. Can't adjust it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                        Tried that... doesn't work. Its either to high or too low. Can't adjust it.
                        clean your IACV

Comment

this happened to me today and scared the shit out of me.
                          Im a new driver(just got license less than 2 weeks ago lol)
                          but any way it was raining and I was driving with the wipers on for the first time and as I came to a stop on a almost flat road, the car turned off and rolled back a lil. I put the hazard lights on and then put it back in park and took the key out and tried to restart it. took 5 times before it finally turned back on. I drove it 3 more times that day and it started without a problem so I doubt it was the battery. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by dakiid View Post
                            this happened to me today and scared the shit out of me.
                            Im a new driver(just got license less than 2 weeks ago lol)
                            but any way it was raining and I was driving with the wipers on for the first time and as I came to a stop on a almost flat road, the car turned off and rolled back a lil. I put the hazard lights on and then put it back in park and took the key out and tried to restart it. took 5 times before it finally turned back on. I drove it 3 more times that day and it started without a problem so I doubt it was the battery. Any ideas?
                            probably your main relay. is it hot there?

Comment

Working...
                            X