Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

hydraulic clutch to cable clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hydraulic clutch to cable clutch

Is there any way to convert my hydraulic clutch to cable clutch?

most people want the opposite

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

i like cable clutch... hydraulic clutch's bother me

Comment

hmm, I don't know, swap from a 3rd gen?

Comment

Do they have cable clutches? i think they have different engines and trannys also

Comment

yeah they do, but they still used cable clutches, I don't think it's ever been done before

Comment

You would probably need a converiom kit like the cable to hydro kit but vise versa
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

There's always a way, just not always an easy way especially when you're doing something almost nobody else has done before or would think of doing. You might end up writing the book on this one yourself by the time you're done with it if you decide to go ahead with it.

I'm not even sure how a typical cable clutch actuation linkage works. Maybe you could scavenge the parts from an existing system and adapt and transplant them. Or, it seems to me that you could rig a system where you have a clutch pedal that pulls a cable through a sleeve when you press on the clutch pedal, pulling a lever or cam that then operates a pushrod into the existing clutch release fork. It would be even more complicated than a hydraulic system though. And very Frankenstein-y.
                Last edited by batever; 08-24-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

yes true...i thought maybe they would make a conversion kit for it...they make just about everything else

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                    yes true...i thought maybe they would make a conversion kit for it...they make just about everything else
                    yes, but most people want to opposite as stated.

i like cable too, they are more stiff and the pedal feels solid
                    but i wouldnt convert, if you want cable...get a crx or something.

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

haha yea right crx arent my style, accord is the way to go..its the only honda thats not over rated. i just need to know how a cable clutch works, down to every small detail, and then come up with a way to modify the hell out of my clutch.

Comment

you would need to change your transmission to a cable transmission.
                        then, you would need the pedal assembly and the clutch cable.
                        that's a lot of custom work, and honestly hydro trannies are stronger (at least from what i know about civic/integra trannies)

Comment

For the amount of work it would take, it'd be better to just get another car.

And yeah, 3rd gens are TOTALLY different. The 3rd gen transmission is so small, you could practically fit the entire thing inside a 4th gen transmission case!

Comment

hm alright then..thanks guys

Comment

If the motivation is wanting a stiffer feel (sounds like it), think about replacing your short rubber hose sections of clutch hydraulic line with steel braided ones. Much less flex in them by all accounts. You can get them at TAS auto and probably elsewhere. Probably cost you under $60 and be easy to do, as opposed to a lot more money and effort to convert to an entirely different kind of system.

A hydraulic system can be extremely stiff, as hydraulic fluid is not very compressible (they say "incompressible" but nothing is completely incompressible, not even a planet or diamonds. Maybe the center of the sun is but who knows).

The clutch system will be as stiff/responsive as the lines that hold the clutch fluid are. So go stainless braided if the stiffness and responsiveness are important to you.

Same with brake lines--if you replace the short sections with stainless braided lines, the brake pedal will feel more responsive and controllable under load than with the rubber lines.
                              Last edited by batever; 08-25-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X