Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is there any benefit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
    Well I can't come up with the money right now to do both, getting the cb7 up and running again would be in the 3-4 month down the road range, setting money aside / buying parts along the way. Well my parents have 4k invested in the cb, and I have about the same.
    You have 8k "invested" into your Accord. Yet it is not running right now? Is that the same one in your sig?
    Testing your knowledge and your wits.
    Need 10th anniversary wheel center caps. PM if you have them

Comment

Yes its the same one as in the sig, and it runs perfect, other then the noise from the ROD/WRISTPIN KNOCK when it goes over 2600 rpm, gets loudest at 3200, and gets faster as I rev, without any significant loss in power. Oh and the thunk it makes on startup. I parked it to prevent any further damage. I was hoping its because i need my valve-lash adjusted since I just put in brand new Bisi Pro Race Springs when I refurbished the head 3k miles, which was a month ago.
      Last edited by cloudasc; 08-20-2009, 01:10 PM.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

So how is 8k invested in this car and it has a rod knock?
        Testing your knowledge and your wits.
        Need 10th anniversary wheel center caps. PM if you have them

Comment

Because its still the original block with 188k miles on it. Half of that investment has just been in shop labor. Its also been a culmination over the last 3 years and 70k miles. Just read my MRT, you'll understand afterwards.
          Last edited by cloudasc; 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueVan69 View Post
            Johnl, raise the compression of the engine with no other mods would be pointless
            It won't be pointless, but it won't be very cost effective if you're tearing the engine apart specifically to do it.

Originally posted by BigBlueVan69 View Post
            Maybe with a tune for the compensation of 91 or 93 octane that he would have to be using after the bump in compression, don't just raise the compression of the engine without telling the engine what to do with it.
            Raising the CR will increase torque at all rpm with no other changes other than requiring a higher octane fuel. You won't need to "compensate" the tune specifically for the different octane because you are using the increased octane purely because to prevent detonation of the the fuel. This isn't to imply that you might not be able to tweak a bit more power by tweaking the parameters of the tune.
            Regards from Oz,
            John.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
              Its not about offending the transmission, its about if I upped the compression, the automatic prevents me from tuning the motor properly... but I just learned from Boost_Lee that he originally boosted his auto using "a chipped manual p06, just plugged the tcu in, ran fine, no cel's/codes, on uberdata 1.66" so hope is not lost.
              you need to read this:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=80996

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                Wow thanks for finding that, i'll be sure the spread the word to others!
                Last edited by cloudasc; 08-20-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X