Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

pedal install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pedal install

ok so i was installing aftermarket sparco pedals in my cb7 and the clutch and brake pedals went on just fine, but i am having problem with the gas pedal... there is a trapezoidal shaped box that is welded to the bottom of the pedal that acts as the "floor" when you stomp on the pedal and ensures that you acn only push it down so far... the problem is that because of this i cannot reasonably drill holes for the bolts and then put the nuts on because the bolts would to contained within the box (does this make sense?) so i need help or tips from anyone who has installed aftermarket pedals on their cb7 thanks in advance

bump for me to get an answer :P

Comment

I've never seen pedal covers that required bolts. This is something new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Raukorist77 View Post
        ok so i was installing aftermarket sparco pedals in my cb7 and the clutch and brake pedals went on just fine, but i am having problem with the gas pedal... there is a trapezoidal shaped box that is welded to the bottom of the pedal that acts as the "floor" when you stomp on the pedal and ensures that you acn only push it down so far... the problem is that because of this i cannot reasonably drill holes for the bolts and then put the nuts on because the bolts would to contained within the box (does this make sense?) so i need help or tips from anyone who has installed aftermarket pedals on their cb7 thanks in advance

Picture?

Is the problem that a) you can't even fit bolts through the mounting holes, or b) that it's gonna be harder to mark the spots for the mounting holes before you drill them, or c) that after you've drilled the holes you don't see how to mount the pedal with bolts?

if it's the last problem, (c) I would suggest fixing the nuts with adhesive (or jb weld) to the inside-car surface of the mounting plate, bolting them through to assure alignment, and leaving them until the adhesive sets, then removing the bolt, aligning them with the drill holes, then bolting through from the outside of the car. That's the way those ones must be designed.

As to how to mark the drill holes, (b) a clear and easy solution is not presenting itself to me. somehow you're gonna have to make a blank to use to mark the holes. I would suggest a small piece of wood. Drill one hole in it and mount the pedal to it through that hole. then take a marker or a bottle of spray paint that you've put one of those little "straw" attachments on so it can reach in, and spray mark the other two holes .

Drill out the holes in the wood and you can now use this as a stencil to mark the positioning for the holes on the car.

Comment

maybe i figured it out

for some reason my camera is not loading the pictures to my comp but ill try another way to get them on here later... i think i might have figured it out though... i fabricated my own custom mounting bracket that i can mount to the original pedal and then mount the sparco one to that... we shall see how it works

Comment

Working...
          X