Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Noob question about headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question about headers?

Hi I've been looking at a bunch of different headers for my 92 Wagon with the stock F22 engine and all the 1's I've seen only have a 2" collector on them.

Are there any brands out there that have a 2 1/2" collector?

Reason why I ask is cause I just had a full 2 1/2" custom exhaust done its bottlenecked to the stock header right now. I'll be putting in in my H22 before the year is done.

I just want a little better performance out of the exhaust in the mean time other than the small stock header.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by dooey52_91CB9; 08-09-2009, 04:38 PM.
    Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Sold to: 1993haccord, samrjr0044, blk91coupe

Your best bet is to get a cheap header on ebay and have a custom 2.5" collector welded on. Otherwise, I'd suggest Bisimoto, but if you want to go H22, then that would be a bad idea.

Comment

Thanks deeve I'll have to do that then
      Bought from: Jack_Lee, Hondaguy1212, cb7dazz, dannyd, frootloops, ncoutlaw, busak87, Losiracer2, KeeleDesign, 1993ACCORDMAN, gdout90accord, sikz6, Type_G

Comment

The only header I've heard to make decent power aside from the Bisimoto is the Kamikaze header... though it doesn't come anywhere near the Bisimoto, and I've heard from reliable sources that the build quality is horrible.

A Megan Racing header will run you $100-$120 on ebay, I believe. Megan's stuff is decent, though I suggest you get better gaskets than the ones they send.
        For the collector, check out Burns Stainless. Good stuff. http://www.burnsstainless.com/MergeC...ollectors.html

Depending on the labor cost to modify the header, I would expect the final cost to be $300 or so.
        Keep in mind that this is something that you could most likely sell once you swap.

Comment

Thanks for the help I'll talk to the guy that made my exhaust and have him order that part and I'll get the header. As you probly allready know I'm a total noob at Hondas.

Comment

That's what this section is for

You've been reading though, I can see... I'd much rather help someone do something worthwhile, than answer "yo were cn i git a hedder for $50 cuz dats all i got" for the hundredth time.

You might also consider sticking with the F22A... it has plenty of potential.

Comment

Just got off the phone with him. He said he can get the header, the part, and do a header wrap for $275 + tax. How much more potential can I get out of this engine? Its my DD and I want to keep it reliable? I'll do some looking. If I cant find what I'm looking for I know who to talk to.

Comment

Wow, I was dead on the amount...

Bisimoto is making 400+hp NA with his race motor. Not a daily driver.

HondaFan81 had two projects. One was a mild build, and it made more power than a stock H22. One is a pretty drastic build, and he's looking at what I would assume to be 230-250whp when everything is done.

Comment

Thanks I just found a bunch of builds going on. Thanks for the help.

Later

Comment

what? You mean you looked at the members ride section and existing builds?

wow...I mean...I might cry....
                    ____

Comment

Ya I did! I know some of you guys like to flame noobies and just be smartass's but its cool. There are quite some impressive builds going on but most are a little to radical for me.

Comment

not sure if that's what you meant but I wasn't trying to flame you...I was applauding you I gotten so many ideas from just looking at members rides, and you can even learn what parts work best, etc etc.

there are sooooo many folks who would rather post a quest. no matter how easy it is to look for the ans. I'm just glad you looked!
                        ____

Comment

I knew what you meant by that. I was kinda being a smartass. LOL. There are alot of very sick rides on this site and ALOT of info. Hey deeve you can close this thread if you want I got my answer from ya. Later

Comment

Working...
                          X