Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

battery relocating???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery relocating???

i heard of someone using some jumper cable wires when putting there battery to the trunk, so i was wondering is this a bad ideal?
    because i went to napa today and for 10ft of automotive wire it was 5$ a foot.

Unless you cut the giant alligator clamps and weld/solder/crimp on some terminals, I don't
    recommend this. Save up for a couple weeks and get a kit from Summit Racing or similar. It will include wire, terminals, and a box for 80 bucks.

Granted you could create the same thing for half the price.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

That's actually probably the worst way to relocater a battery I've ever heard of. I'm not putting you down, but who ever decided to actually use that idea is pretty retarded. Do it right or don't do it at all. Using a set of jumper cables means that there's a good bit of exposed metal that could short to the frame doing damage to your car's electronics, not to mention what would happen should you accidentally touch both teminals at the same time. They could slip off leaving you stranded, just a bad idea in general.
      Originally posted by 92dm
      I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
      VOUCHES
      Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

i used the kit from summit. its a nice kit. you just need a distribution block or 2 depending on how you wire things up.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

using jumper cables as a battery relocator? lets see what happens when you hit a hole in the road and that jumper flies off...

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
            Unless you cut the giant alligator clamps and weld/solder/crimp on some terminals, I don't
            recommend this. Save up for a couple weeks and get a kit from Summit Racing or similar. It will include wire, terminals, and a box for 80 bucks.

Granted you could create the same thing for half the price.
            yah the ideal was to just use the wire, not just to connect it hahah that be retarded.
            i dont remember seeing it, but i seen on this forum somewhere someone said they used that and it was alot cheaper so idk haha
            I think ill just save for the kit

Comment

as long as the wire is 2 gauge go for it...

folks need to learn to read before posting...he said in the first post he wasn't using the clamps just the wire.

I've seen some skimpy jumper cables so...again..make sure you get the right gauge.

The only REAL benefit of the kits is the enclosed box some come with. Other than that you could make your own kit MUCH cheaper. Hell even the box could be had for cheaper.
              ____

Comment

you could just get a battery box from autozone for 10 a circuit breaker for 35 and get some 2 gauge wire from sears or something like that, either way do it the right way..

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                  you could just get a battery box from autozone for 10 a circuit breaker for 35 and get some 2 gauge wire from sears or something like that, either way do it the right way..
                  MUCH cheaper than the cheapest ebay setup ($75+)

I can't find that box on autozone's web site...is it a battery box or is it called something else?
                  ____

Comment

Do it, it will work. Its not my car.
                    wat?

Comment

Working...
                    X