Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil light coming on after changing oil pan gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil light coming on after changing oil pan gasket

I have never seen my oil light come on until today after getting my oil pan gasket changed..

once i drove out of the shop with everything all set, i drove for about 15 minutes, got on the highway and as soon as im getting of the highway my oil light starts blinkin...

i had put it on neutral taking the exit and the light jus kept blinking, as i was getting off the exit and coming to a stop at the light, the rpm started to drop more n more till it shut off...

i quickly turned it back on and it turned on fine, but it would continue to shut off if i didnt accelarate it while im at a complete stop...

I parked the car for a couple hours and then turned back on and the oil light did not turn on, but then after driving again for like 5 minutes, it started to blink again really quick, but then the more i drove it then the blinking started to blink on and off every second at a constant rate

this all happened after i got the old pan gasket changed...What could it be?

so a shop did the work for you why not take it back..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

yea i talked to him and he told me to bring it back tomorrow, but i just wanted to get some feedback, thanks

Comment

maybe they disconnected a sensor or something...

Comment

oil light comes on when you lose oil pressure. or you run out of oil.

check if it all leaked out when you drove it.

Comment

didnt leak, i checked it plus i put 4 quarts then i checked it agian after the oil light came on and it was still perfect level

Comment

yeah thats true...let your car sit for a while and just back it up a lil and see if you see any oil on the floor/ground...if so thats your problem...maybe they didnt tighten up the bolts or something (scary though)

Comment

check the oil and lets hope they did not clog up you oil pick up and starve the motor of oil lets hope but since a shop did it, it would be there fault just check the oil level before driving it again

Comment

so the shop filled it?
                  then you put 4 quarts in?

or what. please re phrase that.
                  me no understand engrish.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
                    didnt leak, i checked it plus i put 4 quarts then i checked it agian after the oil light came on and it was still perfect level
                    If it needed 4 quarts of oil you are loosing ALLOT somewhere, take it back ASAP!

*Click on photo for my MR thread

Comment

yea i added 4 quarts after my old oil was drained

Comment

Originally posted by DrSzSoLDIeR View Post
                        yea i added 4 quarts after my old oil was drained
                        why wouldnt the shop do that

please include a very detailed story of the entire situation in your next reply.

Comment

he added/ i added, doesnt matter, just no the 4 quarts were added after the my old oil was drained jus like gettin a regular oil change

Comment

Possibly your oil pressure sending unit was tampered with during the install. IDK, just a thought.
                            www.PreludePower.com
                            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

The oil pressure sending unit shouldn't be touched during a oil pan gasket install, its high up on the block, right under the intake manifold. If your oil is up to level, I would have the shop check your oil pressure, and/or test with another sender unit.

I have oil temp & oil pressure gauge, along with a voltage gauge, and a secondary coolant gauge (with numbers), to aide in possible future diagnosing of problems. I've also noted with my car that the oil light will flash when you are down 1.5 - 2 quarts, which is below what your dipstick will show. Lets hope its something simple as a loose connection or a sender unit gone bad, otherwise its the oil pump.
                              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                              X