Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

launch control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

launch control

do they sell thoes for h22 and is it worth it to get one

Originally posted by phayze View Post
    do they sell thoes for h22 and is it worth it to get one
    I'm pretty sure MSD has a product that has launch control and also there are a few tuning programs such as EcTune that has a programmable launch control option.

And it really depends on what you're using it for. I would say it's worth it if you go to the track a lot. Besides that I dont really see why you would need a launch control

SOLD!!
    Boosted H22
    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i just like it ccause of how you can read line with really redling tha engine

Comment

Originally posted by phayze View Post
        i just like it ccause of how you can read line with really redling tha engine
        sorry I don't quite understand...

Do you mean redline? If it is redline, it's not a great idea. Why would you want to redline your motor? Unless you are racing on a track I wouldn't recommend it, but it's your car so you can do whatever you like, that's just my opinion
        Last edited by mozzandherb; 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM.

SOLD!!
        Boosted H22
        375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

i ment like when u have the launch control you can make the car lik redline at3k or 5k or si that still bad to do

Comment

Launch control doesn't set the redline, it holds the engine at an RPM of your choice so you can just pop the clutch and launch when drag racing or whatever

Underground.Society
            Originally posted by Deevergote
            If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

oookk thats what ment tho...like i lik how you can do with out blowin your motor

Comment

Yeah, what you're referring to is the rev limiter, not redline.

Underground.Society
                Originally posted by Deevergote
                If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

lol ya that what i meant but would it put the limit in every gear or just when you pop it

Comment

It only works when the car is stationary. Save your money and learn to do it the way we did before computer assisted launch control. Learn to drive your car. I can hold my car at any RPM I want with my right foot when I'm on the line. That couple of hundred dollars could get you something more useful, and learning to drive better at the track will benefit you off track as well.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                      It only works when the car is stationary. Save your money and learn to do it the way we did before computer assisted launch control. Learn to drive your car. I can hold my car at any RPM I want with my right foot when I'm on the line. That couple of hundred dollars could get you something more useful, and learning to drive better at the track will benefit you off track as well.
                      i agree and plus you get to know youre car better and you can actually learn from it like a what rpm can you launch youre car where you will get traction next to launching youre car with no traction and not getting good times at the track

Comment

Isnt this also known as a 2 step, or is that something different?

Comment

hondata also has it. are you getting this so you can bounce it off the launch control to show off to people or something? cause i have it and never use it on the street. Only on the track with drag radials. Now i have slicks, so im gonna use it again. Its pretty pointless for a street car.

Comment

Originally posted by MDJ-7BC View Post
                            Isnt this also known as a 2 step, or is that something different?
                            Yes, it is.

There are two different types of launch control (2 step, full throttle launch, etc... whatever you want to call it). Spark, and fuel.

If you do it through the ECU, it's usually for fuel. It cuts off fuel at a specified RPM, and your engine will bounce at that RMP until you launch. I have mine set at 3500 with my Crome tune by MRX.
                            This is actually VERY bad for your motor, and you should never sit there and rev. It basically causes a very lean condition, which can lead to severe engine damage. If you want to use this at the track... do it just before you launch. Don't stage early and be a punk bitch revving your engine the whole time your opponent is burning out and staging.
                            I don't know if there are any software-based spark cutoffs. I'm sure the higher-end standalone systems that come with their own coil packs and such have it, but I'm quite sure none of the lower-end stuff (the cheaper Hondata systems, chipped stock ECUs, etc...) have it.
                            A fuel cut is more of a risk with forced induction. Additionally, if you have a fuel cut to save you from over-revving (as I do...) you can VERY easily lose your motor to nitrous. Hit that cut when spraying, and goodbye motor.

If you want a spark cutoff, MSD offers a good one. This is what people call the 2 step. It may even be the official MSD name, I'm not sure. I plan on getting one of these myself. They aren't incredibly expensive. Cutting spark is MUCH safer than cutting fuel. However, you do run the risk of hydrolocking your engine if you sit there revving. If the fuel can't be burned, or at least dumped out through the exhaust valves, it will act just like water... it won't compress, and your pistons might as well be smacking into a brick wall. Only, to add to the fun... once the red-hot internals shatter and that fuel vaporizes, you could be looking at a nice explosion, or at least a fire... Unlikely, in all cases but those of extreme stupidity... but it can happen.

Comment

I know a guy here in my town that has a 2 step on his civic. He goes to the track every now and then, he mostly street races though. He seems to have pretty good launches but he does run low tire pressure and he uses bfg g force t/a's. Ive seen him get better launches than some awd subarus and talons/eclipses.

Comment

Working...
                              X