Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Busted ECU/Gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted ECU/Gearbox

Hello,
    I have had my accord for 3 years or so now and it seems to have finally went to shit on me. I was driving on the highway and suddenly the gearbox shifted down to third, and the sports mode light came on. Now if I put it in D3 or D4, it doesnt use first gear, it just stays in third it seems. If I put the stick in 1st, it will go to first but then shifting it to second puts it in third again.. it would seem I have no second or fourth gear. I'm pretty sure it's thrid anyways from memory, 3000rpm is about 70 kph. So anyways, just wondering if anybody has any idea as to whats going on and if you could give me a hand that'd be great.

Thanks,
    Chris

is ur check engine light coming on?

maybe a solenoid or ur tcu?

Comment

Check your fluid level and tell me if you have a check engine light.

Also, make sure the 'tower' looking things on top of your transmission are plugged in.
      -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
      if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
      Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

mine had same problem. possiblely the trans lock up solenoids. "the tower looking thinkgs on top of transmission" changed mine and no probs

Comment

My Tcu took a shit on me recently, and I only had two gears, second, and fourth. Replaced it with a spare I had, problem fixed.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Alright, I don't have any check engine lights on, The tranny fluid level is a little low, it's at the lower end of the level but I'll have to wait till monday to get honda certified fluid. Now these tower things, are they just forward and below of the distributor, two little round things?

I started it up again and went for a drive and now the problem has gone, it's driving normal again without having to do anything.. hopefully the rules out the tcu?

Comment

Hmmm. Yes, the two round things are you plugs. Check those...

I would think that if it was the tcu, you wouldn't be able to drive it 'fine' like now...
              -Lance- (Formally known as H0ndaspyd3rLM)

Originally posted by H22Artman
              if he still disagrees. well...... buy him a pink sweater and tell him to go buy some curtains.
              Originally posted by deevergote
              I posted a nude photo of myself on cd5tuner.com... it broke the site.
              Bought from: lo_dit, 924dr, Fatman88, 91project, noobcake, loud92cb7

٩(•̮̮̃•̃)۶

Comment

Well I drove it fine for two days and on the way home from work today it's doing the same thing again.. How do I check those plugs? Is there a test I can do?

Comment

The dealer wants 250 for the solenoid, there are some on ebay for 30, does anybody know if the solenoids are the same for the A1 A4 and A6? Also, where could I find out what I've got?

Thanks

Comment

You get what you pay for....would you rather have a 30 dollar fix and then have a major malfunction happen and then you have to replace your tranny?

or save yourself a headache, take the 250.00 blow to the nuts and be done with it?

Comment

The ebay part is an oem used solenoid, so the quality shouldn't be compromised. And if it breaks, I could buy 8 more and still be ahead! My alternator seems to have gone now..
                      anyways,
                      thanks for all the help guys

Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X