Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New...

Hello everyone.. After Years and years of consideration lol ive finally come to buy a Honda.. I bought a 90 Accord DX nothing power and has its issues...

Im from Miami, Cuban american and im 28 years old. I work at TheTicketClinic as a legal assistant so i may have help some of you out with tickets someday you never know...

But ahh.. Thats about it..

Before this i drove a 2002Vw Gti Full stage 2 till i snaped the timing belt, decided to let it go after 3 1/2 years... One of my boys is on the 3Geez.org website he has an 88 Accord lx with a B16 fully built swap and a bottle with 75 shot. I drove the car alot and love what he has done to it and well after leting go of my Gti i figured screw it ill get a Honda.. =)

I didnt want to go with the SOOOOO common Civic so i got something i didnt see much of and that my friend would help me out with if anything. Since i didnt like the Pop up headlight style i got the 90 accord...

Got alot of plans, after seeing a few of you members on heres pics i must say im really amazed and admire what you all do to these cars.. I hope someday i can get to meet some of you and have my car as nice as yours..

After alot of searching and reading ive come across the idea to just do the F22b head swap to my F22A motor since i will be boosting it. Less downtime and i dont have the money to dish out for a full H22 swap and i dont want the complications and or car to be soo out of wack. Wack i mean that i want to keep the car as stock feel as possible vibration wise.. My friends accord shakes so bad i can shatter or crack my teeth if i hold them close enough... So i dont want that..

SOrry to make this so long...

To start the car has a problem i cant figure out... There is no cel to begin with the car starts fine idles fine like it has no problem.. But when i drive itll just turn off. Itll start back up and run again for a bit then turn off, i let it drop down to the hundreds maybe thousands Rpms while my foot is on the gas then itll go again but itll turn of every time i stop the car as well ...

Check all the fuses and vacums they seem to be fine, changed one but it was for the radio, the car doesnt show the speed so either the speedo took a crap or the sensor doesnt work.. and im missin the gas cap lol..

Again sorry for making this so long hope to hear from you guys .. Thanks...

I heard this was a defect on the car and if you take it to a honda dealer they will replace it for free. Someone who worked there told me that so i called them up and asked around they said they would. Not sure what the part is though. My brothers car did this thats why i called in.

Comment

sounds like the main fuel relay. it's behind left side of dash.
      you should hear the fuel pump prime when the key is turned to the on position where all the dash lights come on? You should hear a click sound before you turn the key all the way to start it. hope this was a bit of help

Comment

Hmm ... ill have to take a look .. is there any other relay i can swap it out with, i.e. Horn?

Comment

no not that i know of. i had the same prob with my car and i just took it out and cleaned and resoldered it. there's a diy here with pics somewhere.
          found it http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...fix+main+relay
          Last edited by matrix27; 07-31-2009, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Nice thanks... ill get on that first thing in the morning...

Comment

After alot of searching and reading ive come across the idea to just do the F22b head swap to my F22A motor since i will be boosting it. Less downtime and i dont have the money to dish out for a full H22 swap and i dont want the complications and or car to be soo out of wack. Wack i mean that i want to keep the car as stock feel as possible vibration wise.. My friends accord shakes so bad i can shatter or crack my teeth if i hold them close enough... So i dont want that..
              if you are building to boost then you can be assured that your build will be at least as costly as a h swap, which really isnt that much to begin with.

h22 complications?
              out of wack?
              teeth shattering vibrations?

something is seriously wrong with your friends car.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Lol

Solid mounts, Buddy club cams?, Je pistons, exc exc.. he has a frankstien mod.. I think.. if thats what its called...

Comment

Tippey764, wtf kind of advise is that, you dont know the recall number or part but your replying to a problem you dont know anything about good one.

poor guy is going to call honda up and theyll say shure bring it down diagnose the problem and tell him it not related to any recall and then if he doesnt want them to repair it he's stuck with a diag charge. great advise.

sorry i'm but i get soooooo sick of reading replies that make no fing sense.

anyways back on topic. spark or fuel. we need more info. verify if there is no spark or no fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by 90F22A View Post
                    Lol

Solid mounts, Buddy club cams?, Je pistons, exc exc.. he has a frankstien mod.. I think.. if thats what its called...
                    frankenstien is what YOU plan to do; putting a different head on the block that it wasnt intended for.

a stock h swap feels almost like a stock f in terms of vibration.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

but wouldnt an h swap take longer? and more than 500 bucks? The turbo setup i see easier for me cause Id be buying the parts little by little. Not to mention im not doing anything BIG! this is a daily driver and as much as ppl say its not worth it im puting in a Volkswagon turbo on it. Ko3S or Ko4. Im well aware of its abilities and not to mention i can get one Brand new for 2 maybe 3 hundred bucks OEM Borgwarner not that Ebay crap. If you can tell me where to find a BRAND NEW Garret T3 for less than 400 bucks then ill buy it. Im looking for a little more of a kick to the car not SUPER fast or SUPER powerfull. You may not understand that but thats what i want to do...

Comment

yupp first thing's first check for fuel. then spark. but i probably think it's fuel.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

i remember nightwolf posting up somehwere the recalls they had for the accord. cnt seem 2 remember where i saw it

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Originally posted by 90F22A View Post
                            Hmm ... ill have to take a look .. is there any other relay i can swap it out with, i.e. Horn?

No im pretty sure theres no other relay you can use..Its a little brown-looking box and there is no other relay that resembles that..lol

Correct me if wrong but wouldnt it be a main relay issue if the car is warm and it wont start at all? Go to the junkyard and sneak one and try that for s**ts and giggles.
                            www.PreludePower.com
                            BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

If you want to go turbo, don't bother swapping. The F22A is a fine motor for turbo.

And no, no other relay can be used in place of the main relay. It's not like a fuse. If you can't afford a new one, and don't want to attempt to resolder your old one, go to a junkyard.

Comment

Working...
                              X