Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Accord is "jumpy", solutions plz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord is "jumpy", solutions plz?

I have a 92' Honda Accord F22, (not sure if its EX DX or LX because the last owner took the tags off when he painted the car and never put it back on)

lately its been really jumpy and weak, what i mean by that is that when i'm in first gear taking off, when i give it gas while letting off the clutch, it feels weak and i hear like a pop on the driver side, and when i steadily increase my speed, it feels like its skipping, even when i'm barely even giving it gas, btw this is a daily problem, i was told it could be a timing belt, or valve, and many other things that's not helping me resolve this

i have other issues with the car as well, like battery light going on and off from time to time (alternator not charging you think?), nd the other day my brake light came on.... and that never happened before, nd i checked my ebrake and it wasn't up, this happened when i was turning into my neighborhood normally

and car is constantly overheating almost the end of every week, i read that is most likely a headgasket, but would that be somewhat of a reason why my car is jumpy??

btw i have over 255,xxx miles on this hooptie

o yeah, last week i changed the heater hose, nd i couldn't get that w/o taking the distributor off, so i did, i was jus wondering is there a certain way you have to put it back on? i noticed that tip had like a weird, so common sense i lined it up to what wus inside the head

If the power problem started after you took the distributor off, it's probably that. You need to get the timing readjusted.

Probably not the timing belt, although if you don't know when that was changed, you should do it. You might get a free distributor cap reinstallation if you buy a timing belt change .

Figuring out DX/LX/EX: go to carfax.com and they will tell you if it's DX or not based on the VIN. (Free.) It's EX if you have a sunroof.

Brake light (the one which comes on when you pull the e-brake, not the "brake light" light): your brake fluid is low. Top it off or change it if possible.

Battery light: check your battery terminals first, then battery, then alternator.

Overheating: Probably not a headgasket. Unrelated to jumpiness if your car is jumpy when it's cold. Is your radiator topped off? Check for a leaking radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Potatoswatter View Post
      If the power problem started after you took the distributor off, it's probably that. You need to get the timing readjusted.

Probably not the timing belt, although if you don't know when that was changed, you should do it. You might get a free distributor cap reinstallation if you buy a timing belt change .

Figuring out DX/LX/EX: go to carfax.com and they will tell you if it's DX or not based on the VIN. (Free.) It's EX if you have a sunroof.

Brake light (the one which comes on when you pull the e-brake, not the "brake light" light): your brake fluid is low. Top it off or change it if possible.

Battery light: check your battery terminals first, then battery, then alternator.

Overheating: Probably not a headgasket. Unrelated to jumpiness if your car is jumpy when it's cold. Is your radiator topped off? Check for a leaking radiator.
      It started doing it about a month ago, it was when i was getting off the highway ramp into the highway, nd i think i was in 3rd gear so i speeding up nd when i was flooring it, it was jumping real bad

but yeah it was after i took the distributor off was when it got worse

carfax- sweet thnx for lettin' me know

brake light- will do

battery light- will do that too

overheating- although i never checked the radiator for leaks, i don't have any drips, but i will check anyway, but i think its a head gasket because sometimes i'll puff out white smoke, nd when i fill it up it bubbles (is it supposed to do that?) even when cold

Comment

Your radiator cap could be bad too. When it's overheating, check where the steam comes out.

Comment

never heard of that, i'll do that too

Comment

How old are your sparkplugs?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

spark plugs may be the culprit in my case it was water in the spark plugs

I breathe down shit so hard, you could see sound.

Comment

i had a tune up back in november 08'

can anyone tell me how to properly install the distributor??

Comment

bump

Comment

it goes in one way. almost like a key but i had a 93 that would go back in either way. if this is true with your car, install the dizzy and start it up. if it doesn't start then pull it back out, turn the C shaped end 180 degress and reinstall. puttin in a dizzy is very simple. plug and play. ive installed many and never had a timing issue

the rebuild!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2073450

Comment

The Haynes manual makes it sound way more complicated than that.

My advice if you don't want to try a garage would be follow Haynes — it's certainly worth the money if you don't have one. Haynes has all kinds of warnings about marking alignment to preserve timing, and doesn't say anything about figuring out correct timing, so you might at least get an estimate from a few garages. I don't get the impression it's an intensive or long task, so you might just be set back only a few bucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X