Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Leaking mastercylinder???help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking mastercylinder???help!!

I don't see what's tha promblem but everytime I put brake fluid n I run my car it's seems that it's leaks some where cus I checked under tha hood an I notice brake fluid spilled over some engine parts but not too critical, should I need a new master cylinder or is there a salution to fix a leak...

Is it only spilled around the master cylinder? Wipe it clean and check the next day.

Comment

Make sure you arent overfilling it.

Comment

make sure the metal wire piece that's holding the reservoir to the MC is secure.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Clean everything very well and look for the source of the leak.

Brake fluid is VERY corrosive. It will destroy anything rubber, and it will eat away your paint. If you haven't cleaned it up carefully, do it NOW. If it eats away at your mounts, belts, and hoses, you'll have problems. If it eats away at your wire sheathing, you'll have more problems. If it eats away at your paint, your engine bay will rust out.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Clean everything very well and look for the source of the leak.

Brake fluid is VERY corrosive. It will destroy anything rubber, and it will eat away your paint. If you haven't cleaned it up carefully, do it NOW. If it eats away at your mounts, belts, and hoses, you'll have problems. If it eats away at your wire sheathing, you'll have more problems. If it eats away at your paint, your engine bay will rust out.

Yea I think I should do that cus I think it's coming from
            one of tha little brake lines cus I felt tha line wet with brake fluid, but even if I tightin it what if it still leaks??
            man this is causing waste of fluid n not making my brakes not to work well

Comment

If tightening the line doesn't fix it, you may have to replace the line. Clean everything first to see if that IS where the leak is coming from before you go messing with anything. There's usually no reason why a line should start leaking, unless the master cylinder was recently replaced and things were installed incorrectly, or something pulled hard on that line (did you recently swap the motor?)

A leak in the brake hydraulic system can be very dangerous. If you get air in the lines, your brakes won't work until you bleed them. FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW! I honestly would not drive the car until you've fixed it.

Comment

If tightening the line doesn't fix it, you may have to replace the line. Clean everything first to see if that IS where the leak is coming from before you go messing with anything. There's usually no reason why a line should start leaking, unless the master cylinder was recently replaced and things were installed incorrectly, or something pulled hard on that line (did you recently swap the motor?)

A leak in the brake hydraulic system can be very dangerous. If you get air in the lines, your brakes won't work until you bleed them. FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW! I honestly would not drive the car until you've fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

No I haven't done any swaps, but I took it to to a shop for a check promblems before it started doing that , it cost alot for mastercylinder n labor n other shit, damn basters try to rip me of, so I took it home brake bleed my self n it wus working good until it started doing that again only leaking fluid, I just wounder if those guys at that shop didn't do anything to my car to get more money out of my pocket or I did something wrong... But I'll check n see hopely it works good, yea I won't drive it, but damn I love my cb7!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X