Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

realistic performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

realistic performance

I haven't seen this anywhere else in the forums so I thought I might as well ask. What are some ball park estimates for the real world performance that a standard H22a swap would do? For example I see a lot of talk of BHP and WHP, but what would you expect to see in 0-60 performance, top speed and mpg? I know that hard numbers may be hard to nail down. But a rough idea would be nice to go off of. If my search-fu has failed me and this is clearly laid out elsewhere then feel free to criticize my n00bishness and point me in the right direction.

Originally posted by Zmatt View Post
    I haven't seen this anywhere else in the forums so I thought I might as well ask. What are some ball park estimates for the real world performance that a standard H22a swap would do? For example I see a lot of talk of BHP and WHP, but what would you expect to see in 0-60 performance, top speed and mpg? I know that hard numbers may be hard to nail down. But a rough idea would be nice to go off of. If my search-fu has failed me and this is clearly laid out elsewhere then feel free to criticize my n00bishness and point me in the right direction.
    0-60 idk
    top speed, i seen h22s go 180 already
    mpg with tuning and mantenice around 35mpg
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

180mph? Not likely...

0-60, I'd say somewhere around 6.5-7 seconds, top speed around 140-150, and about 27-30mpg highway, if tuned.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

180 mph, did someone custom manufacture a 6 speed tranny for the h22 engines because i dont know of any. and i havent seen a fifth gear in a accord go that long. correct me if i'm wrong maybe i just dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightsun View Post
          180 mph, did someone custom manufacture a 6 speed tranny for the h22 engines because i dont know of any. and i havent seen a fifth gear in a accord go that long. correct me if i'm wrong maybe i just dont know.
          No I did the math with a stock H22 redlina at 7200 and in 5th gear with the F22A6 tranny, and 205/40R17 tires (23.45 dia.) you be traveling 180.59mph. 6400rpm is around 160. But that is just math with the gearing saying it can, it doesn't mean it will. You'd have to do alot of work to have an Accord do 180, I'm talking alot.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

You would never want to go that fast in such an old car anyway! Not unless it was completely redone... in which case, you'd still be stupid to go that fast!

There are no legal speed limits in this country over 75mph. If you're not on a track, THAT should be the fastest you ever travel on public roads.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
              180mph? Not likely...

0-60, I'd say somewhere around 6.5-7 seconds, top speed around 140-150, and about 27-30mpg highway, if tuned.
              um likely.

my one buddy has a eg civic coupe with a h22 swap and h22 lsd tranny. at like 1 in the morning on 81 south he toped it out. hes speedo goes to 140. he has the needle go around and almost night the 0 mark. thats well over 160 man.

btw

there is somewhere either on youtube or streetfire with a h22 civic on the dyno does 177 mph proven.

again you ask, where you going to do it? on the highway at night
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                um likely.

my one buddy has a eg civic coupe with a h22 swap and h22 lsd tranny. at like 1 in the morning on 81 south he toped it out. hes speedo goes to 140. he has the needle go around and almost night the 0 mark. thats well over 160 man.

btw

there is somewhere either on youtube or streetfire with a h22 civic on the dyno does 177 mph proven.

again you ask, where you going to do it? on the highway at night
                ever think of aerodynamics? my car is like it hits a brick wall at 130.

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                  ever think of aerodynamics? my car is like it hits a brick wall at 130.
                  our hondas are pretty aerodynamic. i have my turbo cb doing 130 and didnt feel it.
                  miss my turbo cb7

Comment

our hondas are pretty aerodynamic. i have my turbo cb doing 130 and didnt feel it.
                    i disagree on the aerodynamic part

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
                      i disagree on the aerodynamic part
                      well i agree
                      miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        You would never want to go that fast in such an old car anyway! Not unless it was completely redone... in which case, you'd still be stupid to go that fast!

There are no legal speed limits in this country over 75mph. If you're not on a track, THAT should be the fastest you ever travel on public roads.

You never speed?
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                          You never speed?
                          deev like barely does
                          miss my turbo cb7

Comment

deev like barely does
                            That makes an H-swap pointless lol.
                            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It does?
                              My H swap gets me to the legal speed limit reasonably quick, and it gets me down the track in a nice time. Crashing head on into an oncoming semi with my 18 year old car because i'm going faster than I should be going would make the H swap pointless. It would make a lot of things pointless... like my college education, plans to have children... probably even what I'm going to eat tomorrow... because I won't be there.

5-10 over... everyone does that. Trying to hit the top speed capability of your engine (or your car... as drag may keep you from the top speed that the transmission's gearing would allow) is just idiotic. There is NEVER a reason to go over 100mph on a public road. If you do, you deserve to lose your license for a very, very long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X