Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a motor with a h22 tranny? hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a motor with a h22 tranny? hmm

alright i was havein a convo with a buddy of mine and he said it was possable to swap a h22 tranny on a f22a motor and it would actualy improve my overall top end.. something about better compression on a f22 idk. has any one done this b4? is there alot of complications to deal with?

no. tell your buddy he doesn't know anything about cars. changing your transmission does NOTHING to the motor.

the h22 trans has shorter gears. shorter gears= better acceleration

its give and take. you'll accelerate faster, but wont have as high of a top speed. vice versa with the F22 transmission.

Comment

I dont know what it has to do with compression but the H22a tranny has shorter gearing for better acceleration. It bolts right up minus the part where you have to tap some threads. If you want a nasty F22a that will kill some civics then get yourself a Delta 272 regrind cam and a tune along with that tranny. Even on my auto wagon I still give Civics a run for their money.

Comment

If you have a h22 tranny on a NA car you will accelerate faster and reach your top speed faster, but because of your short gears i doubt you will have a great top end especially with a f22 motor.

Comment

ohhh k that makes much more sence lol so would it be a waist of time nd $ to even swap out the transmission?

Comment

Originally posted by Shag Wagon View Post
            I dont know what it has to do with compression but the H22a tranny has shorter gearing for better acceleration. It bolts right up minus the part where you have to tap some threads. If you want a nasty F22a that will kill some civics then get yourself a Delta 272 regrind cam and a tune along with that tranny. Even on my auto wagon I still give Civics a run for their money.
            really?? how much would that cam cost? mine is an auto as well lol i beat my brother once he has a civic 94 i belive but his exuse was his clutch was bad
            but that is defanately something i want to look into.

Comment

Working...
            X