Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

strut bearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut bearing

is there like good quality ones or there all the same or should i jus go with stock ones

Our cars don't have strut bearings. Can you try to describe the part you are talking about so we can properly identify it?
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Aftermarket strut bearings get in the way of the blinker fluid reservoir.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Aftermarket strut bearings get in the way of the blinker fluid reservoir.
        Deev, strut bearings DO exist, haha.

On cars with McPherson strut setups, the entire spring/damper rotates when you turn the wheel. The strut bearing is at the top of the strut, allowing it to rotate without making horrible noises.

Your Fit has them, if I'm not mistaken.
        Originally posted by sweet91accord
        if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

pics? later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
            Deev, strut bearings DO exist, haha.

On cars with McPherson strut setups, the entire spring/damper rotates when you turn the wheel. The strut bearing is at the top of the strut, allowing it to rotate without making horrible noises.

Your Fit has them, if I'm not mistaken.
            I know, I was only making light of a part that doesn't exist on our cars Like the strut bearing, the blinker fluid reservoir doesn't exist on a CB7 either!

Anyway, I assume he means the top hat bushing. And for that, it really doesn't matter. OEM will last the longest, unless you get something like Energy Suspension, which I believe does make that part... Aftermarket will probably hold up for a good amount of time as well. It's not really a part that gets worn out too quickly.

Comment

well i only ask cuz im going to be putting coilovers on soon so i thot your supose to put some next level bearing bushing what ever you call on

Comment

No. there is no need. Some coilover setups will come with a new tophat.

Tein makes adjustable top mounts... On some setups, they can be used to adjust camber. Not ours.

Comment

Regardless of what springs / dampers are fitted to the car, it's worthwhile to replace the OE soft rubber damper rod bushes with harder poly items, or, to pre-load the OE bush rubber by partially compressing the rubber with a thick 'crush' washer placed underneath the OE rod bush retaining washer.

Such a 'crush washer' will be about the same diameter as the OE retaining washer, but the centre hole will be very slightly larger then the OE crush tube, and the washer will be about 5 or 6mm thick (I've 're-cycled' the washers that fitted onto my OE damper rods, the ones with the tapered centre holes, but with the centre hole enlarged to fit over the crush tube). As the nut is tightened, the crush washer compresses the rubber bushes, making them in effect substantially stiffer.

This latter mod to the OE bushes is what I've done with my damper rod mounts, and it does sharpen up handling response. Note that the OE damper rod bushes are very soft, and partially isolate the damper's damping action from both the chasssis and from the suspension, i.e. the rubber bushes act as if they were a short stroke undamped spring located between the damper and both the sprung and the unsprung masses (which when you think about it is actually what the damper bushes are).

You can see just how soft the OE bushes are by observing the top of the damper rod as you rapidly oscillate the car on it's springs (i.e. push the car up and down...). If you can see the rod moving vertically relative to the tower top then the bushes can usefully be stiffened up. The down side of doing so is increased NVH.
                  Regards from Oz,
                  John.

Comment

Working...
                  X