Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

axle removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

axle removal

do i have to drain the transaxle fluid to swap out the axle?

Originally posted by and1jr17 View Post
    do i have to drain the transaxle fluid to swap out the axle?
    Nope. Just take everything apart. Do you have an auto or manual ranny?

Comment

manual.

Comment

True, you don't but you will have to place someting underneath the axle to catch the fluid that will spill out when you pop the axle.
        3 CB's gone....
        1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

exactly what he said.... mine was ez... even though it was a manual tranny... if you have a manual tranny... make sure you put the car out of gear... which means stick it in neutral. and get a crowbar or a breaker bar (which is a shorter version of a crowbar) and put it between where the axel and tranny meets. and you should have no problem... a little bit of fluid will drain out but you should be ok. just fill her up in the tranny fill plug or vss. and once you pull the axel out, u might as well check your seals. no harm done... i did both of my half shalfs. good luck and have fun.

oh and someone correct me if any misleading info.

Comment

cool. thanks for the speedy reply guys... gonna jump on it now.

Comment

A little of fluid will spill out when you poping the axle out
              F22BDOHC JDM

Comment

It won't take you too much longer and if you haven't done it in a while or never you could always go ahead and do a drain and fill on your tranny. Preventative maintenance FTW.

Comment

The driver's side is fine. The passenger side will leak some fluid. There are 2 ways to prevent it... 1, drain it. 2, jack that side of the car WAY up.

Either way, be careful.

Also, be careful not to separate the joints on the axle you plan on using. If you do, and can't pop it back together... you're going to need to replace it, or take things apart (personally, I'd rather replace it again!)

Comment

Working...
                  X