Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

bleed the clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bleed the clutch?

can anyone tell me how to bleed ur clutch? i need to do it but i dont no how ?

its a bleeder screw on your slave cylinder right down in front of your radiator fans
    Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
    Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
    Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
    Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Originally posted by Shay91Racer View Post
      its a bleeder screw on your slave cylinder right down in front of your radiator fans
      wat does this slave cylinder look like?

Comment

thats what mine is i have the 92 lx model...simple to do...but kind of a tight spot

Comment

The bleeder valve on the right in the pic will be in the front.

You need to fill the reservoir, attach a hose to the bleeder valve, pump the pedal, open the valve to let the fluid and air out, close the valve, pump, open, close, pump, open, close, etc... Continue until you have pressure. Be sure to keep the fluid level in the reservoir up, or you'll be sucking more air into the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

The bleeder valve on the right in the pic will be in the front.

You need to fill the reservoir, attach a hose to the bleeder valve, pump the pedal, open the valve to let the fluid and air out, close the valve, pump, open, close, pump, open, close, etc... Continue until you have pressure. Be sure to keep the fluid level in the reservoir up, or you'll be sucking more air into the lines.
            scratch that now i was told i need a new slave cylinder? because when i push the clutch in it stays stuck the ground even after i lift my foot ??

Comment

That's what happens when the system loses pressure. If you didn't do anything to cause that to happen, then yes... you probably should replace both the master cylinder AND the slave cylinder. Then bleed the system.

Comment

That's what happens when the system loses pressure. If you didn't do anything to cause that to happen, then yes... you probably should replace both the master cylinder AND the slave cylinder. Then bleed the system.
                wata bout if i jus bleed the clutch? could that work an if not how much would it cost me to change that slave cylinder?

Comment

24 bucks or so...and some dot 3 fluid....easy to do

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                    24 bucks or so...and some dot 3 fluid....easy to do
                    i got the dot 3 break fluid. but is changin the slave cylinder easy? also my clutch cylinder leaks on the inside of the car how do i fix that clutch problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jdm_4dr_accrd View Post
                      i got the dot 3 break fluid. but is changin the slave cylinder easy? also my clutch cylinder leaks on the inside of the car how do i fix that clutch problem?
                      well changin the slave cylinder is easy...bleeding it can be a real hard one some times....have another person there to help you bleed it....and if ur hydraulic cylinder is leaking then im pretty sure the only thing u can do is get another one....mine has been leaking for about 8 months now and is still good...

Comment

The leak inside is the master cylinder. That's your problem. To be safe, replace BOTH cylinders (as I said in my last post). They aren't very expensive. Changing them isn't all that hard. The bleeding is the most time consuming and frustrating part. My car is currently down for that very reason.

Comment

The leak inside is the master cylinder. That's your problem. To be safe, replace BOTH cylinders (as I said in my last post). They aren't very expensive. Changing them isn't all that hard. The bleeding is the most time consuming and frustrating part. My car is currently down for that very reason.

but culdnt he get by with just replacing the slave cylinder for now? and worry about the master cylinder another time? cuz thats all i did and im still running pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
                            but culdnt he get by with just replacing the slave cylinder for now? and worry about the master cylinder another time? cuz thats all i did and im still running pretty good...
                            yea thats wat i wana no cuz i dont have money right now outa work. is there any videos that show how replace the slave cylinder on an accord?

Comment

look to replace the slave is this easy...

Unscrew the feed line using a 10mm wrench

Get a ratchet and a 12mm socket and unbolt the 2 screws right below the unit.

Installation is reverse of removal
                              Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by deevergote
                              Don't forget to cut holes in the box. Someone sent me a dead hooker one time, and that wasn't cool.
                              Bought From: AccordWarrior | CB7lx91 | DarkShadow707| Tn_Accords | H23CB7 | Jack_lee | Fatboy1185
                              Sold/Gave To: 90goldcoupe | CB7lx91 | Jas_r34 | F20accordturbo | BatmannamtaB

Comment

Working...
                              X