Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Leaking coolant all around the tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking coolant all around the tranny

my 90 accord ex 5speed is leaking coolant around the tranny. i see it on the top of the tranny and the bottom. im getting a grinding feeling and sound coming out of 1st gear. not sure if the grinding is related to the coolant but i noticed these at the same time. this aint good. starting to hear skeaking and all types of stuff now. car has 210k on it. please help yall

i feel the grinding at the pedals btw

Comment

your trans doesn't have coolant in it so it is probobly the hose going into the head below the distributor or the water pipe that goes into ur thermostat housing or any of the other hoses that flow coolant
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

i figured that but all the hoses were dry. what bout the grinding? im going to look at it again

Comment

well i have felt the grinding in my clutch pedal before in my 92 accord lx...replaced the slave cylinder and it stopped

Comment

ya so it was a hose. clamp wasnt on tight. grinding is my clutch goin

Comment

try replacing the slave cylinder first its inexpensive...only about 20 bucks or so..just make sure you bleed it all the way...you could even try bleeding the one you have now to see if air bubbles may have gotten in there

Comment

ya but how much would the labor cost to replace the slave cylinder? could i do it myself?

Comment

Originally posted by hatiansaint123 View Post
                  ya so it was a hose. clamp wasnt on tight. grinding is my clutch goin
                  Was it the heater hose?

Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

well im not sure how much labor would cost but i done mine and it was pretty easy...you just have to get enough fluid for it....cuz u have to take off the old one and then when u put the new one on just make sure u have a friend to help you bleed it...its easy to find its at the front of the car....but its kinda non space efficent...but isnt too hard

Comment

Working...
                    X