Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

throttle body upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle body upgrade?

so i recently swapped for a h22 a few months back, and i like the power and all but i want a few extra bolt ons. i have decided i wanna go with a skunk2 pro series manifold, hondata intake manifold gasket, aem cold air intake w/ bypass valve, and a bigger throttle body for sure. but im not sure which size t/b to go for and which brand. i was thinking either skunk2 t/b or blox t/b. maybe in a 68mm size...the blox is a bit cheaper...any suggestions? thanx... oh, btw, i have stock h22 header with straight pipe and 06 civic si muffler w/ 2.25 in piping

save your money, buy a generic intake...you will not lose hp ...unless you need the C.A.R.B. sticker that is...being in Louisiana you don't need the carb sticker.... or is that L.A. ?

Another money saver, send your tb and plenum to maxbore...it's under $200 (with shipping) and you'll get a 70mm (I think) tb that is tapered and a matched plenum.

To add a personal/unique touch, polish/paint the intake.
    ____

Comment

oh yeah, forgot to mention, i live in la, california so im screwed on laws/emission...i actually have my motor bar'd legit and all..so i figure going w/ skunk2 intake pro mani, aem cold air since they are c.a.r.b. legal. i know the skunk2 t/b or the blox t/b isnt carb legal, but i figure i can tell the cops its part of the skunk2 mani and get away w/ it...btw, i bolted my cat converter covers over my test pipe so if you take a quick look under my ride, it looks like i actually have a cat.

Comment

wonder if you can't get a fake carb sticker...

yeah sucks man...AEM is EXPENSIVE...would the plenum/tb upgrade by maxbore be illegal in cali?
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          wonder if you can't get a fake carb sticker...

yeah sucks man...AEM is EXPENSIVE...would the plenum/tb upgrade by maxbore be illegal in cali?

lol..i thought about the fake carb sticker years ago...haha.. i took a look at maxbore..thats pretty cool...i dont think the maxbore upgrade would be illegal since that guy uses stock factory parts and modifies them...but i dont really want to remove my parts and send them out and have some down time and i wanna keep my stocks as well just in case, you never know. thanx for your input!

Comment

btw, maxbore only does 64mm with a 67mm tapered opening on the prelude base t/b

Comment

Originally posted by PhatAccord View Post
              oh yeah, forgot to mention, i live in la, california so im screwed on laws/emission...i actually have my motor bar'd legit and all..so i figure going w/ skunk2 intake pro mani, aem cold air since they are c.a.r.b. legal. i know the skunk2 t/b or the blox t/b isnt carb legal, but i figure i can tell the cops its part of the skunk2 mani and get away w/ it...btw, i bolted my cat converter covers over my test pipe so if you take a quick look under my ride, it looks like i actually have a cat.
              Hey I live in Cali too, unless you get a dumdass cop u'll get away with the TB, if you get non carb leagal headers try to find a set of DC headers have carb stamp cut off and weld it to the non carb headers. It works if done right.
              NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
              DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                Hey I live in Cali too, unless you get a dumdass cop u'll get away with the TB, if you get non carb leagal headers try to find a set of DC headers have carb stamp cut off and weld it to the non carb headers. It works if done right.
                sweet...never thought about welding the carb stamp onto the header..thats a new one for me...
                but as far as headers, i think imma stick w/ the stock h22 header...i heard theres not much difference between dc and stock h22 headers...also, my h22 header is cut and welded at the end in order to fit the rest of the cb7 exhaust piping, such as the cat convertor and all..so if i were to get a set of headers, i'd have to cut and weld again to fit..so imma pass on headers

Comment

Yeah you're right...cept for the jdm type S...good luck finding that
                  Is the type s TB already larger?

Originally posted by maxbore.com
                  # H series
                  US Prelude TBs to 64mm with a 67mm tapered opening.
                  JDM type S prelude to 66 with a 70mm tapered opening.

# F series
                  All accords 90 or newerto 64mm with a 67mm tapered opening
                  *nvm

Originally posted by wiki
                  along with a larger throttle body design bored to 62 mm (as opposed to the previous 60 mm)
                  Last edited by bcjammerx; 07-14-2009, 05:02 AM.
                  ____

Comment

If you get the Skunk2 mani, be sure that the Blox TB will fit on it. You might need to get the Skunk2 TB for proper fitment. Matched components are always good anyway!

To go with the saving money on the intake idea... an AEM short ram is really just as effective. I have the CAI myself, and it's a pain in the butt when I have to take it out for anything. Unless you want that clean engine bay look with no ugly filter floating around in there, don't bother with the CAI. The gains are minimal. With the SR, the 1 or so hp you lose over the CAI will be gained in throttle response.

Comment

If it was my motor...I'd plan to get the intake manifold worked before I'd get the larger TB. I'd wait on the TB until you really need more airflow and it's truly a bottleneck. I think that the stock throttle body outflows the stock intake manifold anyway. With the intake and TB, it'll open up the H22's breathing abilities but I've never felt any power gains from it. My suggestion is to hold off on the TB.

Comment

I've seen some cheaper intakes on Ebay that actually have the C.A.R.B sticker to make em legit. And I don't see why the bored out throttle body would be any different, it's the stock throttle body, it's just been bored out. I've been thinking about sending mine off, I think they said Honda throttle bodies are 100 dollars to have done. Not a bad price at all, I don't think

Comment

to be honest a tb is the most cost effective way to make power. it will be barily noticable and they are not cheep. your better off with lighting up rotating assembly. lighter underdrive pulley $40 and light weight flywheel $250. Trust me it makes a difference u can feel

Comment

already got those...UR underdrive pulley, ACT lightened flywheel and 6 puck unsprung clutch...balancer belt delete w/ manual tensioner...oh yeah 75 shot nitrous too..but i dont squeeze that often

Comment

Glad to see you have the UR pulley... I wouldn't trust the cheap ones. They aren't often balanced properly, and an improperly balanced pulley can destroy your oil pump quickly. Hell, I've known the UR pulley to even do that! I've had luck with mine, thuogh.

Comment

Working...
                              X