Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lower control arm troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lower control arm troubles

well ive replaced my control arm 3 times now in the past 2 weeks because of bushings. something has to be making them go out so fast and i cant figure it out. ive searched and found out about the steering rack but all my bolts are tight. does anyone else know whats goin on? my steering wheel is also slightly cocked to the right when the wheels are straight maybe thats another clue? any help would be great thanks

so which bushing is blowing out? there's two bushings on it.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

and what is it doing, also what are you using to replace it with?

probably using cheap parts.
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        so which bushing is blowing out? there's two bushings on it.
        the bushing that connects to the frame not to the spring fork

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
          and what is it doing, also what are you using to replace it with?

probably using cheap parts.
          actually first arm i used was form my parts car and the third one i used was from my friends parts car. i checked both of them when i took them out and they were fine

Comment

Originally posted by 91dx(r+p) View Post
            the bushing that connects to the frame not to the spring fork
            check the area where it connects to, that might be bent which might make the bushing bind and prematurely wear.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

Check out for power steering leaks, the fluid eats up the bushhings pretty fast.
              Auto Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning and Detail Tampa

Comment

There is nothing weird or strange going on...it's a VERY simple issue...

What did you really expect to happen when you used parts of equal age/wear? Did you think some how they would be in better shape?

Get NEW parts...not used...or else this will just keep happening.

Still check for fluid leaks but I highly doubt that's the issue...it's because you're replacing 16 year old components...with 16 year old components.
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  There is nothing weird or strange going on...it's a VERY simple issue...

What did you really expect to happen when you used parts of equal age/wear? Did you think some how they would be in better shape?

Get NEW parts...not used...or else this will just keep happening.

Still check for fluid leaks but I highly doubt that's the issue...it's because you're replacing 16 year old components...with 16 year old components.
                  actually i figured it out and it has nothing to do with that but thanks for your rude input man. it was the radius rod that runs from the arm to the front. the bushing was flattened and a washer was missing. that was allowing the control arm to move forward and backward. i replaced it with bushings FROM MY 16 YEAR OLD PARTS CAR and now its fine. i hope this helped someone

Comment

That wasn't me being rude... it was me stating good information that you don't like to hear.

the following are examples...don't take offense...or do I don't really care
                    Here is sarcasm.:
                    I'm so sorry...you're right...putting 16 year old suspension parts on your car is a good idea...don't know what I was thinking.

Here is rude:
                    you are an idiot

see the difference? I do try to not be rude...I prefer to just state the info as I see it...but I can be rude if you prefer...or sarcastic...which do you prefer when I give you correct information?
                    ____

Comment

i can handle what your saying and i understand that new is better than used. i just dont see why you had to stress the "did you think some how they would be in better shape" thing. yes they were in better shape cause they werent ripped. im not a kid dont treat me like one. i came to to this site to get helpful information not smart ass remarks

Comment

I shall put sarcasm aside and be blunt:

When replacing/diagnosing parts...especially suspension parts...do not use old parts.

I'm glad your parts are working fine in comparison to the part you took off but they are FAR from ok...they are 16 years old AT LEAST...IF yours is a 93 model. They are old and worn and need replacing.

I'll go further and go out on a limb and say that every cb7 that has the original bushings needs to have them replaced...as such, no "old" part is an acceptable replacement/repair.

Not only is it very unsafe, but the parts you put on will more than likely exhibit the same problems as the parts you took off...that does not help diagnosing.

Are you going to wreck...most likely not considering...but it is not a good replacement

That was my point...without the sarcasm...or whatever I had before
                        ____

Comment

thank you sir for the information and your help.

Comment

Originally posted by 91dx(r+p) View Post
                            thank you sir for the information and your help.
                            dont trip on him, i have to deal with his shit everyday
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                            X