Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MPH are 5 off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPH are 5 off

Anyone know how to adjust the speedometer? I just purchased another CB7 here in Utah that needs some work on it... the cruise is out and I NEED that... but the MPH are about 5 over what they should be because i think the guy put on 13 or 14" wheels.... good tires just small rims for this car.

Or could it be a problem with the dash or VSS or something?
    AD5OS
    FOLDING@home

Most speedometers aren't dead-on anyway. The smaller diameter wheels and tires will definitely have an effect. I say either deal with it until you replace the tires, or replace the tires now. It's far easier than recalibrating everything... I would assume. I don't even know HOW to go about recalibrating that.

Comment

I ran into an issue like that with my jeep, I put 35s on it and it says im going 45mph when im really 55-60mph

Comment

Yeah, you did the opposite.

The speedometer is reflecting the speed that the wheels are turning. Smaller wheels have to spin faster to move the car a certain speed.

Comment

i know of a device they use on bikes called the speedohealer and it accurately adjusts the speedo but i dont know of one to repair cars. atleast its 5 mph over and not under keep you clear of a few tickets.
          you clould go back with the original wheels and tire size but thats not going to guarantee correct speed. all cars are off some what straight out of the factory, i think they are allowed a 10% variace up or down by law. i would just make a mental note and dont waste time or money on the issue its minor.

Comment

You also have to remember, its not just 5mph off, but its actually a percentage off.

Comment

True. The amount it is off varies with speed. When the speedo says 100, you may be going 82.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                True. The amount it is off varies with speed. When the speedo says 100, you may be going 82.
                I know when I had my Rozzi wheels (1st set of 18" chrome wheels) my speedo was 12% off. I had a cop pace me so I could know how bad it was.

Comment

as mentioned tire/wheel size effects accuracy

(go here and run what you have if you don't have stock size)

if everything else is stock, check by driving on the interstate and timing how long it takes you to go between mile markers...keep your speed constant.

however...it will be off by more the faster you go.

I found mine to be about 3%...usually...with 50 being spot on...wifes 00 accord is off similarly
                  ____

Comment

i know on my gps it tells you how fast your traveling in mph. i dont know how accurate it is should be dead on with satellite tracking. just another suggestion on how to tell how fast your really going.

Comment

gps is very accurate
                      ____

Comment

yea I usually only ever use the GPS for speed anyway but this car's cigarette lighter is dead so I cant really use it there... sucks... I cant tell where the fuse for that is or if my gps charger is dead. and yes its a percentage off like 10% or so.. its pretty bad
                        AD5OS
                        FOLDING@home

Comment

Working...
                        X