Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Coolant Leak - Under passenger motor mount area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Leak - Under passenger motor mount area

Hi Guys,

Recently I noticed tonnes of coolant leaking from the passenger motor mount area. I can't quite pin point it. The car is an automatic and I'm assuming it's some hose that has rotted away.
    There's a lot of oil in that area too from a leak on the dizzy, which my have deteriorated the hoses.

Any ideas which hose it may be?

Thanks!

there's quite a bit of heater hoses that go around that area as well as the thermostat housing.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

probably heatercore hose.
      ive replaced 3 of those.

Comment

When my Susie did this, it turned out to be a couple of hoses on the underside of the Intake. Does it leak before, during or afte you run the car?

Comment

i started replacing those hoses as they started leaking, finally got fed up and when i did my intake manifold i replaced them all with new ones....
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Thanks all for the suggestions!

After looking at it more carefully, the hose that was leaking was the one going from the engine to the heater core valve (I think it's some valve - it's located by the passenger side by the firewall area)

I noticed that the hose is a special shape - it has been molded a certain way. Is it okay if I just get a straight rubber coolant hose and bend it?

Comment

Originally posted by KINGPIN33 View Post

After looking at it more carefully, the hose that was leaking was the one going from the engine to the heater core valve (I think it's some valve - it's located by the passenger side by the firewall area)

I noticed that the hose is a special shape - it has been molded a certain way. Is it okay if I just get a straight rubber coolant hose and bend it?
              i would get a straight one but make sure it is out of the way of anything hazardous.

that one leaked on me before and i took it off, cleaned the connections and put an actual hose clamp, not the honda poo poo calmp.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i think the autostore has one to match it....bring it in and they can match it...thats what i did for that particular one. a straight one probably wouldnt be a problem, but i wanted a hose that at least fit better even though they are very small bends if any

its also a pretty big diameter heater hose hehe
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by KINGPIN33 View Post

yeah, thats the one i was talking about. when mine went i just got 2 feet of it and used about a foot and a half.
                  Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                  i think the autostore has one to match it....bring it in and they can match it...thats what i did for that particular one. a straight one probably wouldnt be a problem, but i wanted a hose that at least fit better even though they are very small bends if any

its also a pretty big diameter heater hose hehe
                  the one he is talking about isnt.
                  when i priced mine it was like 20 bucks. i just spent 78 cents a foot for straight stuff.

Comment

I had the same problem and I used the straight hose. It worked!

Comment

ok so probably talking about a differnt one than i was thinking of.

just put new clamps on it, dont try and re-use them damn old clamps. They dont really hold that well sometimes, lol I hate having it leak after that. I use the type that you can screw in and tighten.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                      X