Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CEL #41 Primary oxygen sensor heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CEL #41 Primary oxygen sensor heater

how do i fix it. i reset the ECU by taking out the 10A fuse for a few minutes and also disconnecting the battery for like 10 minutes. i tried two dif. o2's and still throwing the same code. the code comes on after i drive it for like 5-10 minutes and after it comes on it will come on after like a few seconds after i've started the car

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

get a chipped ecu thats how i fixed mine

Comment

^^^ lol cheater!

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

any way to fix it without messing with the ECU?

could mine be bad? everything else is fine..other than that damn CEL # 41

Comment

Try another ecu? Maybe the o2 sensors your testing with are bad? The wires or connectors connecting them might be bad?
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

sounds like the o2 sensor is throwing a CEL after yer car is warmed up.. same thing happened to mine, but a brand new o2 sensor fixed that.. if u used a new sensor, check the wires and make sure none are messed up..

Comment

Start diagnosing....

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Had the same issue. My check engine light would come on within a few seconds of starting my car, it was the o2 sensor code every time. Got to reading in the Hayne's manual that the o2 sensor doesn't start reading or sending info to the ecu until it reaches 600 degrees or so, well, the o2 sensor won't get that hot that quick, come to find out, my ecu was bad. Put a new ecu in, no more check engine light

Comment

so it's my ECU?

if it is anyones got a cheap used one on here? or maybe i'll check the jy...

Comment

usually if it's a heater circuit code, the o2 sensor is bad...or at least the wiring is bad. Happens alot on them universal Bosch sensors. i would test with direct fit that you know is good. thats really the only way to know if its a good o2 or not.

Comment

Are you getting Bosch o2 sensors? If so, that's your problem.
                      98' Mustang 3V Swap
                      11' VW CC R36

Comment

keep hearing bad things bout the bosch.. but i picked up a denso o2 direct-fit sensor for ~$55 shipped online.. only had it for 1 month but works great so far..

Comment

Yea, been down this road before. I broke mine when I redid the exhaust, and figured I'd just go get a bosch for kicks, and 10 minutes after driving....CEL came back on. Just ordered another Denso from www.carpartswholesale.com. 80 bucks, but it's well worth it.
                          98' Mustang 3V Swap
                          11' VW CC R36

Comment

i see...

the o2 sensors i'm using are oem i think...

i really don't know what to try next. i can buy a new o2 sensor. or a ecu but i don't wanna buy both when i don't need both. i guess advance auto parts might take refunds if it keeps throwing codes

Comment

Working...
                            X