Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Alcohol added to gas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alcohol added to gas???

If you add plain rubbing alcohol to your gas does it help performance if so about how much?
    Also what problems might come up because of using to much?
    I already put 93 octane in my car because I changed the timing.
    Will adding alcohol to the gas help or cause more problems than its worth.
    How much is to much when putting alcohol in the gas?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...53&postcount=4

Ugh
    wat?

Comment

no
      to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
      Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

this is like spam mail

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

This makes me want to Why are you running 93, 87 is just fine for our cars. Unless it's an H22 or anything with 10.5:1 compresssion or higher. If you add anything make it an octane booster, fuel stalbilizer, or fuel refiner stuff(made by stp). Also when you mean you changed your timing, what too?

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
          "The Turtle"
          DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Not for sure I set it back about a 1/4 inch or more Advancing it.
            I don't know the degrees but I have had it like this for a long time and it runs fine.
            My old CB7 I had I always put 93 Octane and it was fine.
            Also I added Alcohol to my old CB7 and it seemed to run better.
            I think I put all of a big bottle of rubbing alcohol in it too.
            I'm looking into putting some E85 fuel in my CB7 some time soon like the next time I need fuel.

Comment

Can someone else explain this to this guy. I'm too lazy at the moment to type that much right now.

"The Turtle"
              DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by 93F22A6 View Post
                Can someone else explain this to this guy. I'm too lazy at the moment to type that much right now.
                Yeah same here haha.
                wat?

Comment

add nitro.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    add nitro.
                    lmao, yeah thats the shit.

"The Turtle"
                    DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

What is the problem with it from what I have read it is suppose to be better for the car.
                      It keeps temps lower, burns cleaner leaving lease carbon build up, and it lowers compression. Although the lower compressions not what I want its good for the car. Lease carbon build up is always good. Lower temps could be a problem with sensors but it helps reduce heat ware.
                      I don't see the big deal with changing over to a different fuel or higher Octane fuel If it does all this good stuff.

Comment

ROFLCHOPPA...................................ok im done

(im not laughing at you mang.. just the responses.) ---ninja

Comment

You are aware that rubbing alcohol has water in it right? The shit you buy at the grocery store and drug stores are only 70% (same shit we use at our hospital in the Alcohol wipes)

Not a good move. IF you chose to try it, I would RESEARCH the HELL out of it just to be safe.

I on the other hand would not take that risk.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Ok for one higher octane in a low compression engine hurts performance. Octane is just the rating of how slow a fuel burns, the higher the number slower the burn, also resistance to detenation. Also, the alcohol eas rubber fuel line. Thats why.

"The Turtle"
                            DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by Honda Power View Post
                              Although the lower compressions not what I want its good for the car.
                              dude you have to physically alter the internals of the engine to change the compression ratio. do you know wat is compression ratio?

Comment

Working...
                              X