Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is a all motor the same as a rebuild motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"all motor" simply means no additional power adders. No turbo. No supercharger. No nitrous. It's just the motor itself making power.

Now, a real "all motor" setup involves extensive machine work, replacing ALL internal parts, balancing, tuning, etc... A true all motor build can be very expensive.

Anyone who goes "all motor" without replacing seals, gaskets, etc... is an idiot. Slapping a header on your car isn't necessarily "all motor" (technically it is... as the motor remains naturally aspirated... but it's about as accurate as calling a Ford Taurus a sports car at that point). When you do a more serious build, you should never retain any of the old worn out parts.

So, 09cb7, to answer your question... yes, you can (and should!) do a full rebuild if you're doing an all-motor build. Honestly, a rebuild is just putting the engine back together with new parts. "all motor" means you modified it while doing so to make more power.

Now, I have given you your answer, rather than just smacking my forehead against the keyboard as I did earlier... As you can see, my answer is clear, well thought out, and typed in a manner in which it is easy to understand. I strongly urge you to do the same, or you're not going to get any help on this site... Show us you have a brain, and we'll help you use it. Let us think that you're an idiot by typing nonsense, and people will assume that you're too dumb to understand any help they offer... so they won't bother.

Comment

nice..

from this:
      Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
      ytgh 6jhnfgvth nmvc nb,m nbjmbbfvgkcd
      to this:
      "all motor" simply means no additional power adders. No turbo. No supercharger. No nitrous. It's just the motor itself making power.

Now, a real "all motor" setup involves extensive machine work, replacing ALL internal parts, balancing, tuning, etc... A true all motor build can be very expensive.

Anyone who goes "all motor" without replacing seals, gaskets, etc... is an idiot. Slapping a header on your car isn't necessarily "all motor" (technically it is... as the motor remains naturally aspirated... but it's about as accurate as calling a Ford Taurus a sports car at that point). When you do a more serious build, you should never retain any of the old worn out parts.

So, 09cb7, to answer your question... yes, you can (and should!) do a full rebuild if you're doing an all-motor build. Honestly, a rebuild is just putting the engine back together with new parts. "all motor" means you modified it while doing so to make more power.

Now, I have given you your answer, rather than just smacking my forehead against the keyboard as I did earlier... As you can see, my answer is clear, well thought out, and typed in a manner in which it is easy to understand. I strongly urge you to do the same, or you're not going to get any help on this site... Show us you have a brain, and we'll help you use it. Let us think that you're an idiot by typing nonsense, and people will assume that you're too dumb to understand any help they offer... so they won't bother.
      so 09cb7, couldnt have been said any clearer.. let us know if you need anything else answered.. remember, there are NO stupid questions..

Comment

There are no stupid questions... only stupid gibberish.

Comment

Thanks guys for your help! Please be patience with me. I'm new to this but I am a fan of f22ax and cb7. The reason I asking this because I want to buy the f22a1 for $100 that a mechanic is parting out his cb7. He orginally posted his engine for $250, but he said the car would overheat in traffic, however when the car was running it would not. So he lowered the price to $125 saying that it might be a broken head gasket. I asked if he's willing to sell it for $100 which he said he would. Now I just want to buy the engine to work on the side until my motor dies out one day! I am planing to go all motor! So I would apperiate any help or tips you guys give me.

Comment

do it.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
              1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
              1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
                Now THAT is helpful!

Comment

Get the motor. You should be able to rebuild it into a stock refreshed motor or any project motor. Based on the limited information, it doesn't appear to be a major issue but that is premature. At the very least, you can learn how this motor works and comes apart, even have spare parts. If you tear it down and it is rebuildable, then it's worth even more to you. Take your time to do the research and make realistic goals, then STICK TO THEM. Do things right.

I suggest doing a stock-like rebuild first. Don't get too crazy with aftermarket performance parts, it will be cheaper and you will learn better and have a baseline. At the very least, this can be your DD motor when completed. Then, take the motor in your car currently and rebuild that for performance. When you do a performance motor as your first build, you have not baseline reference and things NEVER go together like stock. However, if you have a stock build under your belt, you will have a reference on how things SHOULD go together, then apply it to a performance build. Small steps to large ones.

Definitely learn to ask questions appropriately, it was gibberish.
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Listen to anything HondaFan says, he knows what he is doing. especially when it comes to the F22.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                      Get the motor. You should be able to rebuild it into a stock refreshed motor or any project motor. Based on the limited information, it doesn't appear to be a major issue but that is premature. At the very least, you can learn how this motor works and comes apart, even have spare parts. If you tear it down and it is rebuildable, then it's worth even more to you. Take your time to do the research and make realistic goals, then STICK TO THEM. Do things right.

I suggest doing a stock-like rebuild first. Don't get too crazy with aftermarket performance parts, it will be cheaper and you will learn better and have a baseline. At the very least, this can be your DD motor when completed. Then, take the motor in your car currently and rebuild that for performance. When you do a performance motor as your first build, you have not baseline reference and things NEVER go together like stock. However, if you have a stock build under your belt, you will have a reference on how things SHOULD go together, then apply it to a performance build. Small steps to large ones.

Definitely learn to ask questions appropriately, it was gibberish.
                      Haha, thanks man for not scolding me too bad. My current engine has about 261.000 miles on it. When I bought the car, the guy who i bought it from told me it only had 161,000 on it. He actually ripe me off because he change the number. I paid him $1200 for the car, and the body and interior is decent shape. The only thing that scares me is the high mileage motor! That is why I am interested in buying a engine for $100. I also wanted to know is it important to know exactly how many miles is on the eninge I wanting to buy?

Comment

If you're rebuilding, the mileage on the new engine doesn't matter all that much.

If your current engine is healthy, the high mileage isn't that big of a deal. Properly maintained, these things can go for well over 300,000 miles.

Comment

If you're rebuilding, the mileage on the new engine doesn't matter all that much.

If your current engine is healthy, the high mileage isn't that big of a deal. Properly maintained, these things can go for well over 300,000 miles.
                          I see, I also have a jdm h22 tranny with lsd that I bouhgt for $100.So I don't know if the tranny works and if it has lsd on it haha. By the way do you know where I can buy a rebuild kit?

Comment

a jdm lsd tranny for 100? u either came up on an awesome deal if it works and really is lsd, or you got ripped off it isnt.. lol.. my guess on the rebuild kits is either a transmission shop or online somewhere.. btw, does it have the tranny code on it? if it does, what is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NinJa_FLiP View Post
                              a jdm lsd tranny for 100? u either came up on an awesome deal if it works and really is lsd, or you got ripped off it isnt.. lol.. my guess on the rebuild kits is either a transmission shop or online somewhere.. btw, does it have the tranny code on it? if it does, what is it?
                              The guy I bought the JDM tranny with lsd had a cb7 with an h22 , but he blew the motor. He was also moving since he live with his parents. Thats when he parted out the car. Also the there is a tranny code but I am to lazy to look at it right now hahaha. I look at it later

Comment

Originally posted by 09cb7 View Post
                                I want to buy a motor to do a rebuild or all motor on the side until my motor stop running
                                ytgh 6jhnfgvth nmvc nb,m nbjmbbfvgkcd

to the op: all motor means naturally aspirated

to both posts:

Comment

Working...
                                X