Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Is a all motor the same as a rebuild motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a all motor the same as a rebuild motor?

I want to buy a motor to do a rebuild or all motor on the side until my motor stop running

"all motor" is refering to that fact that the engine has no power adders, ie nitrous, forced induction. Rebuild is just that. It is a simply rebuilding a motor. A good rebuild consists of new bearings, seals, rings at a minimum. An all motor set up usuallly has a a rebuild but its not done with stock parts. I hope this helps.

click to see my ride
    click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by 09cb7 View Post
      I want to buy a motor to do a rebuild or all motor on the side until my motor stop running
      ytgh 6jhnfgvth nmvc nb,m nbjmbbfvgkcd

Comment

I see this thread failing already.

Comment

Rofl haha.

all motor - making power with no external power adders.
          rebuild - rebuild

not that hard of a concept to grasp.
          wat?

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
            "all motor" is refering to that fact that the engine has no power adders, ie nitrous, forced induction. Rebuild is just that. It is a simply rebuilding a motor. A good rebuild consists of new bearings, seals, rings at a minimum. An all motor set up usuallly has a a rebuild but its not done with stock parts. I hope this helps.
            so would a rebuild/all motor will make the motor stronger and lasting loner to run?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
              Rofl haha.

all motor - making power with no external power adders.
              rebuild - rebuild

not that hard of a concept to grasp.
              haha sorry man I am new to these thing and this is first project car so i am trying to learn as much as i can!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                I see this thread failing already.
                its okay man

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
                  ytgh 6jhnfgvth nmvc nb,m nbjmbbfvgkcd
                  so it took forever. But Deev finally lost it.

Comment

so would a rebuild/all motor will make the motor stronger and lasting loner to run?
                    a full engine rebuild will generally bring the mileage back down to zero.. making it all motor wont.. LOL.. to make it simple, forced induction or FI as you might see it means either adding a turbo or supercharger (some add nitrous into the mix).. all motor refers to a motor that doesnt use FI.. if youre still lost, God help you man, coz we cant!

Comment

Originally posted by NinJa_FLiP View Post
                      a full engine rebuild will generally bring the mileage back down to zero.. making it all motor wont.. LOL.. to make it simple, forced induction or FI as you might see it means either adding a turbo or supercharger (some add nitrous into the mix).. all motor refers to a motor that doesnt use FI.. if youre still lost, God help you man, coz we cant!
                      lol i understand that but why wouldnt all motor bring down the mileage?

Comment

lol i understand that but why wouldnt all motor bring down the mileage?
                        im a all-motor build the point is to make the most power without using FI. You are not rebuilding the engine manly just replacing parts with higher output equipment. To rebuild the engine you would need to replace ALL gaskets, seals, i would even replace my senors. Honda had a problem with them for a long time. If you want to do a all-motor build. I say rebuild your motor while you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7emokid View Post
                          im a all-motor build the point is to make the most power without using FI. You are not rebuilding the engine manly just replacing parts with higher output equipment. To rebuild the engine you would need to replace ALL gaskets, seals, i would even replace my senors. Honda had a problem with them for a long time. If you want to do a all-motor build. I say rebuild your motor while you do it.
                          so you sayihg that its possible to do a rebuild while i am doing a all motor

Comment

so you sayihg that its possible to do a rebuild while i am doing a all motor
                            ok keep reaching. you will grab something eventually.

when you rebuild a motor. you replace old stock parts. with new stock parts.
                            when you do an "all motor build" you replace your old stock parts with NEW FANCY PERFORMANCE parts. such as cams, valves, springs, pistons, rods, ect.

do you comprende?
                            no speaka engrish?

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                              ok keep reaching. you will grab something eventually.

when you rebuild a motor. you replace old stock parts. with new stock parts.
                              when you do an "all motor build" you replace your old stock parts with NEW FANCY PERFORMANCE parts. such as cams, valves, springs, pistons, rods, ect.

do you comprende?
                              no speaka engrish?
                              Okay, I get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X