Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

AC issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC issues?

K, so i drive a 92 ex.. in january i had my blower motor completely replaced, cause i could feel heat comin out of the vents, but it wasn't being pushed out into the cabin. Fast forward to now. Its been around 90 for 4-5 days now, and im having the same problem, just with my ac now. I can feel it, and its cold, its just not being pushed out into the cabin! wtf?! Help me please!!

Melting in Columbus..

92' Ex - Needs work, but hey! It runs safely
    91' Lx -Car vs IDIOT.. R.I.P.
    RIP 92' Lx... Car vs Concrete.. Car lost.

when your blower motor goes bad, nothing comes out at all. I would check that your cabin doors on your vents are not stuck or binding.
    The beginning of a new era............................
    165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
    184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

That could be it but blend doors would be the next thing I would check. If the blower motor is working usually you can hear it quite well. Make sure the vents behind the dash are pointing out the vents also.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
        That could be it but blend doors would be the next thing I would check. If the blower motor is working usually you can hear it quite well. Make sure the vents behind the dash are pointing out the vents also.
        how would i check that? plz dont say i have to take out my dash.... i don't understand.. is the cool air comin from somewhere else so that the vents would have to be changed when you switch from heat to air?

Comment

Well the vents to the dash usually shouldnt be moved lol if someone took otu the dash its a possibility. But I would do the blend doors first. Could be as easy as it gettin stuck and not allowing air through. The doors can jam with something as simple as something sticky in the way or just jam because of old age. I forgot where the doors were located in this car but as I recall its on the lower passenger side footwell toward the center console. I could be wrong though.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
            Well the vents to the dash usually shouldnt be moved lol if someone took otu the dash its a possibility. But I would do the blend doors first. Could be as easy as it gettin stuck and not allowing air through. The doors can jam with something as simple as something sticky in the way or just jam because of old age. I forgot where the doors were located in this car but as I recall its on the lower passenger side footwell toward the center console. I could be wrong though.
            k.. complete noob question... whats a blend door?

Comment

I'd love some more information on dealing with blend doors as well. Mine often gets stuck in the defrost position. I can then get it to go to the floor vent, but not dash. If I keep changing the buttons from floor to floor / dash to dash, to defrost, and back, eventually it will go back to the dash vents. I'm certain this means that one or more of the doors are sticking, but I have no clue how to fix it.

Comment

Airflow is bad for me too. Vents are nice & cool but it doesn't go out very far. The front seats cool fairly well, but hot sweaty back is constant. The back cools very little. I got this car to have room for my new son & I need him to be cool. All functions seem to work position/speed/recirc or fresh. The windshield will frost nicely if put up there. lol

Just rebuilt the compressor, installed new drier, replaced condensor fan, pressure tested with nitrogen for 24 hours, pulled under vacuum for 2 hours, charged with 134a & oil. Temp at the vent holds around 53-54 F parked, havn't checked with car moving. Next thing will probably be dropping the fan & cleaning the evap coil & maybe trying a different fan at that time.

Does the back cool well for everyone else? How much air would you say high speed blows out? Mine will blow a little more with every speed then full is very light flow that you can feel a foot or less from the dash.
                Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

my car blows somewhat cold air in the middle vents but on the driver side its warm/hot.
                  anyone know why this could be happening?
                  and also its seems warm airs always coming through when its turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Trever0x17 View Post
                    its seems warm airs always coming through when its turned off.
                    it should do that if you are driving with "fresh" air selected. recirc should not do it.
                    Officially "hilarious mad sarcastic"! Thanks CB74christ for the recognition of my work.

Comment

Working...
                    X