Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A6 TB on H23 Plenum???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A6 TB on H23 Plenum???

I just got a H23 Plenum and was wondering If I sent my TB out to maxbore.com and had it Tweeked would it work??

Or should I just Keep the A6 Plenum with the Maxbore.com TB???

What will give the the best Results???

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
    1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
    1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Get an H22/H23 TB and send THAT to maxbore. The A6 TB won't fit on the H23 plenum. When you contact the guy, see if he can portmatch the plenum for you as well.

Comment

Thanks... Whitch TB is better?? H23 or H22? Whats the diff??

Comment

They are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote. View Post
          They are identical.
          I see Says the Blind Man...lol

Ok....The how much HP do you think I can pos make I f I just add the Maxbore.com A6 TB to my Existing A6 mani??? 5 or so??

And what would I gain by adding the h23 mani with the h22/h23 TB...

Is the a big diff between the 2 options??

I'm just trying to spent my money Smartly....

Comment

The H22/H23 TB and plenum would be a better option, honestly. You'll probably gain just as much with those stock parts as you would from a maxbore A6 TB on the A6 plenum.

Remember, the engine is an air pump... so the amount of power you make depends on the entire system's ability to efficently pump... it's not really possible to say exactly how much you'll gain.

You'll probably notice a good increase in throttle response, though... so it'll feel faster if anything else!

Comment

The H22/H23 TB and plenum would be a better option, honestly. You'll probably gain just as much with those stock parts as you would from a maxbore A6 TB on the A6 plenum.

Remember, the engine is an air pump... so the amount of power you make depends on the entire system's ability to efficently pump... it's not really possible to say exactly how much you'll gain.

You'll probably notice a good increase in throttle response, though... so it'll feel faster if anything else!
              You've been a big help thanks!! Looks like I need to find a h23/h22 tb..

Comment

I sent my TB and Plenum to Maxbore. It was a good upgrade, I felt it pull a little more in the upper RPM's.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                  I sent my TB and Plenum to Maxbore. It was a good upgrade, I felt it pull a little more in the upper RPM's.
                  What Tb and Plenum the A stuff or the H shizzy?? What did it run you I'f you don't mind me asking??
                  PM me If you need..

Comment

Originally posted by StinkinLincoln View Post
                    What Tb and Plenum the A stuff or the H shizzy?? What did it run you I'f you don't mind me asking??
                    How DARE you ask me! j/k

It was $165 for him to Bore and port match the Plenum. I use the H series TB and plenum. (I used it on my JDM DOHC F22B)

That motor died so now I am rocking my F22A with it. Not bad but I can't take advantage of it yet due to it being a stock engine. That will change soon enough though!
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Nice!!!

I'm thinking about sending what I can get out of the A6 shit...

I got a really good local dyno in town..As a mater of fact my cars there now getting some work done!!

the place is Advanced Race Technology!!

Heres there Site http://advancedracetechnology.com/

I't would be fun to get a before and after!!

Comment

I think the A6 mani and TB from maxbore.com would beet out a stock H23/H22 stuff

What do you guys think??

Comment

As I said before, the H stuff is better... it's bigger, and flows better... which is what you want. When you open up the rest of the motor's flow capabilities, you'll have a bottleneck there. You're basically paying maxbore to widen your A6 throttle body to H22/H23 size...

Comment

They are identical.
                            Not all...different years and autos have different sizes.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

You're basically paying maxbore to widen your A6 throttle body to H22/H23 size...
                              Nvm.

It says on maxbore.com that both the F and the H series are bored out to 64 mm with a 67mm tapered opening. Except for the type S which is 66 and 70

Comment

Working...
                              X