Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drop with 17's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop with 17's

I currently have 17" rims on my 93 EX with 215/45 tires. I would like to change my stock springs and shocks I'm looking at the Koni yellows and Eibach Sportline Springs which is a 1.8" drop I believe and my question is am I going to rub at all? I see many CB7's dropped but mostly on stock rims. Thanks in advance.

not at all. im dropped on H&R race springs (2.75 in the front and 2.5 in the rear i think?) and tire size is 205 40 17
    and i dont rub at all.
    but im going to warn you that a 45 series tire, looks HUGE on a 17.

Comment

Thanks. I know trying to protect rim a little with bigger tire girlfriend loves to rub rims along curbs.

Comment

lol sounds like you shouldnt be letting her drive your car then

Comment

LOL I wish but was originally her car when we met I have been taking it over looking to get another Honda for her soon.

Comment

i helped ryaniskingofyou install a set of h&r coilovers on his car on friday and they were set probably close to 3.5 inches lower. he has (i think) 215/40/17's and even with 4 guys in the car and going over some pretty crazy bumps, it only rubbed once over an especially large one.

i have a 2.5 inch drop with my 17's and i have NEVER rubbed.

and finally, i know 2 people around me that have put their cb's on air, both with 17's, and they drag exhaust before they have any significant rubbing.

you will be more than fine with a 1.75 inch drop

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Thats AWESOME MAN Thanks for the help

Comment

I never did put my 45s on my CB7... they're on the Fit now. However, depending on the offset of your wheels, you MIGHT make contact with the fenders over bumps. My offset is 42 I believe. The Fit is stock height and the 45s hit if I'm not careful!

45s are definitely better for saving your rims, though. I bent mine up on 40s (which is why they're on my work car now!)

But I was on H&R Sport (like your drop) with my 40s and had no rubbing issues other than when I made a REALLY sharp turn (and I thnik that was on the plastic fender lining, which you can cut or remove if you choose... or just let your tires wear a groove in them!) There wasn't much difference when I went to H&R Race.

Comment

Went to tirerack website the rims are a 45 offset and if this matters the back spacing 6.06

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                    i helped ryaniskingofyou install a set of h&r coilovers on his car on friday and they were set probably close to 3.5 inches lower. he has (i think) 215/40/17's and even with 4 guys in the car and going over some pretty crazy bumps, it only rubbed once over an especially large one.

i have a 2.5 inch drop with my 17's and i have NEVER rubbed.

and finally, i know 2 people around me that have put their cb's on air, both with 17's, and they drag exhaust before they have any significant rubbing.

you will be more than fine with a 1.75 inch drop
                    Yeah buddy, I seen his drop in person. You guys did an excellent job! Looks like his tires are tucked! To me the best size tire to roll on is 215 45 17 if you are sporting 17" rims.

Comment

Cool I'll order the Springs and Struts next paycheck. Thanks

Comment

Not at all buddy.
                        My brother have same setup on his 99 Civic

Comment

Working...
                        X