Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What ECU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ECU?

Yo I needed to know what ECU is used with the F22 DOHC. Right on.

idk what one they used in japan but a p14 would work.

Comment

Originally posted by 5gwagon View Post
      idk what one they used in japan but a p14 would work.
      Is that the ECU for the H23? And would it work to its full potential with that ECU?

Comment

yea thats the h23 ecu and from what i read altho by no means am I an expert they are essentially the same motor

Comment

P14 is the H23 ECU, Yes it will work but you will have to wire in a knock sensor.

The actual ECU fro the F22B DOHC would be a P39. They are fairly rare though for what I have seen.

I would look into finding a p06 ECU and get it chipped and have a base map burned onto it. then get it tuned by a tuner.
          3 CB's gone....
          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

They aren't all that rare in Japan... just over here, where we didn't get that engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
              P14 is the H23 ECU, Yes it will work but you will have to wire in a knock sensor.
              Is that p14 the H23 ECU for auto or manual? Or is there a difference? I need auto.

Comment

u can use a integra b20 p75 or a h23 ecu

Comment

Originally posted by RRCB7RIDA View Post
                  u can use a integra b20 p75 or a h23 ecu
                  What the fuck? NO! You cannot use an Integra ECU without considerable modification to the ECU. Please don't give bad advice on my forum.
                  Additionally, the Integra never even got the B20... that's a CRV motor.

The ECUs have the same code if they're auto or manual. There is something further in the code that says what it is... but the best thing to do is just ask. I don't know exactly how much difference it makes, since the TCU controls the transmission... but I'd get the auto ECU to be safe. Additionally, you'll want the TCU as well, so you're not shifting earlier than the motor needs to be... or you'll be missing out on the high end power.

Comment

When I swapped to my F22B DOHC I used a manual p06 ecu (chipped w/a base map burned to it though) and I was still auto and it worked out fine FOR ME.

I have heard of other people NOT being so lucky and using an auto ecu on a manual or a manual ecu on an auto and having shifting issues AND motor issues.

It could have been from the tune or maybe just a freak ecu. I don't now.

As Deev said though, I would use an AUTO ecu for AUTO and a MANUAL ecu or MANUAL just to be safe.
                    3 CB's gone....
                    1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

If you're going to search one out anyway, might as well find the correct one

Comment

When I looked for a P39 for my sister's car I didn't have any trouble finding one. I was not expecting to find one because everybody always said they were hard to find. Of course, your millage may vary.
                        1992 Prelude S w/swapped H22A

Comment

Aiight, wish me luck on finding the p39. If ain't none available then I'ma go head and snatch up the H23 ecu. Right on yall.

Comment

i know this is rising from the dead but....

benj....

you said you had no issues finding P39's, so I gotta ask where you found them?

Much appreciated!

Comment

Auto VS. Manual: anything greater than 50 is auto, anything less is manual. Example: 37820-P12-A11 is manual 37820-P12-A51 is auto. Manual #'s I've seen have ranged from A00 to A11, and auto I've seen A50 to A52, but I'm sure there could be more. I've also seen a JDM P13 that didn't use an A, but an N, so it was 37820-P13-N00, maybe the JDM ecu's use an N instead, not too sure since I've only personally seen 1 JDM ecu.

Comment

Working...
                              X