Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Parts questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts questions

I need yall help
    School is coming and i dont have my car yet. Some may have read other post that i have posted. I pulled out mu f23 and now i swapped in a h23 for boost. its not jdm just a a3 but i blew a head gasket a week or two ago and since i have to go into the motor i wanted to know if anyone knew some good rods and pistons i could go with. I seen some pauter rods but they were 900. Some wiesco pistons would bump me down to 9:3 compression. I didnt really plan on pistons and rods but now that a tear down i wanna ask yall. Also would the bisi stage two cams make a whole lotta diff since im turbo charged???

Pauter and Wiseco are both very good brands. Be sure you specify that it will be used for a turbo application when you order the pistons. The material used in turbo pistons is different from NA pistons (turbo pistons are more durable, and can expand with heat... NA pistons are made for tight clearances, and can be brittle when used with turbo)
    Keep in mind that your H23 has FRM sleeves. If you plan on using standard forged pistons, you will absolutely need to resleeve that block. One other option is to use Mahle Gold Series pistons, as they are made for FRM sleeves (again, verify everything with the company before shelling out big bucks!)

Don't get NA camshafts for a turbo application. NA cams have high overlap, and you'll be blowing half of your intake charge out of the exhaust valves. There are specific turbo grinds out there. Call Bisimoto with a solid plan in mind (don't wast their time), and ask about a turbo grind for your motor. If they don't have one, they can probably tell you who to go to.

Comment

thanks man i wouldnt know anything whitout yall. i thought bisi made cams for turbo apps

Comment

i looked at mahle gold would i have to use h22 pistons?

Comment

Contact them and see what will work, and if they can do anything for you. Resleeving may be your only option.

And Bisi may make cams for your purposes... again, contact them and see.

Comment

Working...
          X