Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Two cooling fans would it be wrong too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow

Wow alot of good theories guys, I think im gonna just hook the other fan up to the connection it is suppose to have. I did find out that i do have a condensor, and i guess the fan turns on when the radiator infront of the cooling radiator gets hot enough. And no my car is running alright on the cooling perspective. The car has been sitting for so long so...1/took thermostat out, put it in boiling water and made sure it would open properly an buyed anew gasket, 2/oil filter with the TRT and new Mobil oil for a oil change,3/ flushed coolant and buying new radiator. I also baught new BOSCH Platinum 2 spark plugs Lol but come to find out i had BOSH platinum 4's already in the car silly me the guy that had this engine before me took really good care of it also. thnx for all the help ~!~PEACE~!~ Oja
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
    Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
      gotta keep in mind too thought that it is also possible to overcool a system. Engines work best at operating temp and if you maintain a temp lower than that the ECU will make you stay in closed loop trying to get it to operating temp.
      I really dont think The ECU has any control over the thermostat, it kind of works independently,
      I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car

Comment

Originally posted by Oja View Post
        Wow alot of good theories guys, I think im gonna just hook the other fan up to the connection it is suppose to have. I did find out that i do have a condensor, and i guess the fan turns on when the radiator infront of the cooling radiator gets hot enough. And no my car is running alright on the cooling perspective. The car has been sitting for so long so...1/took thermostat out, put it in boiling water and made sure it would open properly an buyed anew gasket, 2/oil filter with the TRT and new Mobil oil for a oil change,3/ flushed coolant and buying new radiator. I also baught new BOSCH Platinum 2 spark plugs Lol but come to find out i had BOSH platinum 4's already in the car silly me the guy that had this engine before me took really good care of it also. thnx for all the help ~!~PEACE~!~ Oja
        FYI: I'd stick to NGK quality plugs. Bosch do not consistently work well on our motors.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

you dont need it!! I thought about doing the same thing but it's not worth it if the engine runs in closed lope!!

I just took mine out...Looks alot cleaner!!

NO A/C, PS, or Cruze

1990 Accord LX Sedan~Sold
          1993 Accord EX Sedan~Sold
          1995 Suzuki GSX-R 750~Totaled

Comment

sorry to tread jack guys but i had a quick question. For some reason my car when it reaches its normal operating temperature the fans turn on but turn on freaquently. Im talking about 2-3 minitues after its turned on the first time, and now i notice that both fans are turning on. I already did a flushed and put new coolant, thermostat work fine. Is there something im missing?

Comment

Its getting hot in Texas should be normal unless your temp gauge is going up I wold check elsewhere.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                Its getting hot in Texas should be normal unless your temp gauge is going up I wold check elsewhere.
                No my temp gauge isnt going up but still worry about overheating the head. I think it may just be me tho but it gets really hot under there you cant touch the engine. I thought i read somewhere that if the engine is really hot that you cant touch the engine something is wronge or something like that. I just dont wanna mess my car up.

Comment

No the engine is normally hot...Your not supposed to be able to touch it...Especially on a hot summer day...WHoever gave you that info is unfortunately a retard.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Lol

nah i think ill keep my PS i dont want to be struggling turning and shifting at the same time.. now the condensor radiator and all that good stuff can be yoinked out of there cause ill just ride wid the windows down round herr Lol

Comment

I have the same problem on my girlfriends CB, both fans turn on at the same time.......... and it's been like that since it had the F22A.. which was overheated twice... now with the F22B i replaced the temperature sensors and still hasn't changed.... could be a relay problem????

Sorry about hacking on your thread, but i thought is kind of related to the topic...
                      JDM Parts for sale

Comment

But only one fan should turn on right?

Comment

Originally posted by AccordXRacer View Post
                          But only one fan should turn on right?
                          One fan will turn on to cool the car...If it gets really hot both fans will turn on. Its normal on these cars unless your overheating which your gauge should provide info on that.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Actually....if all sensors are working properly the fans shouldn't turn on while the car is off.

If your car does it, just make sure the fans turn on while the car is on(when it needs to). My fans hardly turn on, unless I'm stuck in traffic for a while. My temps never go over 185*F otherwise. I *think* the temp for the fans to come on is 195* or 200*. They shouldn't turn on any other time. If they do, you probably have bad sensors or some wiring issues. But I woulnd't worry about it unless they seriously don't turn on at all while the car is on and you're in heavy city traffic.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

At one time the gauge was going up while the car was idling. But the next day i checked the coolant and was some what low. After that the gauge needle never moved. I think everthing is ok then. Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X