Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Two cooling fans would it be wrong too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two cooling fans would it be wrong too

I have a '91 LX Honda CB7 with F22A6 engine 5spd successful engine swap. I have two cooling fans, but I can only get one too run which is the cooling fan. what i want to do is hook up the other fan to runn when the cooling fan does. would there be anything wrong with this seeing that the other fan i think is for the radiator looking thing infront of the cooling radiator.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
    Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Turn on your AC or...wire up a relayed switch to the fan. I dont see why you would need it anyway.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Re:

well my next door neighbor said it would be better if the entire radiator was being cooled then just half
      I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
      My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
      Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

Thats an imitation lip that was made to fit on the front bumper. The one I had was made for that year vehicle...Other people have modified the 94-95 lip to fit. But to your cooling statement. In theory he is true but when your moving air is flowing equally through the radiator...If the engine senses it is getting too hot both fans will kick on as a precautionary measure. So either way turning both fans on IMO is pointless. Thats just me peopel still do it though. You can wire it to a switch if you really want to keep it on.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

gotta keep in mind too thought that it is also possible to overcool a system. Engines work best at operating temp and if you maintain a temp lower than that the ECU will make you stay in closed loop trying to get it to operating temp.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Do not try to ghetto rig it to make them both work, find the REAL problem and fix it!

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

I dont think he has a problem with anything he is just wondering if he should wire them up to work in unison.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

well you would want the car to run at a warm temp and holding the car to a lower temp then normal it might not run the way it should idk if im right about this or not.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
                  well you would want the car to run at a warm temp and holding the car to a lower temp then normal it might not run the way it should idk if im right about this or not.
                  You're simply repeating what has already been said by a very experienced member... so yes, you are right. Read a little more carefully, and you'd know that too!

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                    gotta keep in mind too thought that it is also possible to overcool a system. Engines work best at operating temp and if you maintain a temp lower than that the ECU will make you stay in closed loop trying to get it to operating temp.
                    This is true but it also depends on where you live...An example would be arizona.

Anyway IF you were really worried about temps just get a lower temp thermostat. That will run the engine a little cooler. Engine usually runs efficient around 180-200 degree range.

The New-ish Ride
                    My old Ride
                    Hear my Vtak!!!
                    MK3 Member #3
                    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                      Um, that's why there is (or should be) a thermostat to maximise the rate of initial coolant temperature rise, and to maintain a minimum coolant temp after that. Only if the thermsostat is stuck open or has been deliberately rermoved (foolishly, but people do it) is it possible to overcool the engine.

One fan is normally more than sufficient to keep the engine at operating temp when the car is stationary or travelling only slowly. I would tend to think that if both fans are needed to keep the engine at the correct operating tempertaure (even on hot days) then there is likely to be a cooling system problem. It's a different story though if we turn the AC on.

The purpose of the second fan is mostly to provide airflow through the AC condensor when the AC is in use (and the car is stationary or travelling slowly and the 'natural' airflow due to forward motion is thus low or zero).

That it also creates airflow through the radiator is almost incidental, though it is useful because the AC condensor will pre-heat the cooling air before it reaches the radiator, reducing it's efficiency. So, the second fan is more to do with keeping the driver and passengers cool than it is to do with keeping the engine cool.
                      Regards from Oz,
                      John.

Comment

It would not run any cooler as long as your thermostat works. Unless you have overheating issues in the desert I'd stay away from wasting HP from running the alternator more. If you are concerned about heat, get water wetter but be aware that you shouldn't use in non-turboed cars as it WILL make it run too cold. Running cold helps carbon build up in your engine and will increase emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by zorobyte View Post
                          If you are concerned about heat, get water wetter but be aware that you shouldn't use in non-turboed cars as it WILL make it run too cold.
                          Nothing put into the coolant will make the engine run too cold because the thermostat will prevent this from happening.
                          Regards from Oz,
                          John.

Comment

Must be a common misconception that I read all the time. Wouldn't it made yor heater hotter since it will transfer heat better to the core? This could be useful in the winter.

Comment

huh? Thats what the thermostat is there for so your heater can run hot and to monitor engine temps. If you ran no thermostat for the heater the thing would heat up then immediately cool down when you drive.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X